What light would Rambo carry?

ico

Enlightened
ducttapeheadlamp.jpg

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most recent Rambo flick, one the MERC's he was travelling with had an A2-Rd (not sure if it was incan or LED model). I'm guessing, seriously, being a Green Beret, something small like an L1-RD, or something versatile, like a Kroma Mil-Spec. Or an M3!

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Now I could be wrong. It's been almost thirty years, and I've long forgotten far less trivial things, but I could have sworn he carried a torch in First Blood.

Not an LED. Not an incandescent. A torch. Fire on a stick.

Again, I could be wrong. He wasn't storming the Castle Frankenstein, and Maglite and the Rambo franchise have been around for about the same time. I still have vague memory of a torch.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Now I could be wrong. It's been almost thirty years, and I've long forgotten far less trivial things, but I could have sworn he carried a torch in First Blood.

Not an LED. Not an incandescent. A torch. Fire on a stick.

Again, I could be wrong. He wasn't storming the Castle Frankenstein, and Maglite and the Rambo franchise have been around for about the same time. I still have vague memory of a torch.

Yep. It was the scene where he's t rapped in the mines. I remember him tearing off blood-soaked rags from his shirt, pouring fuel over them and wrapping them around his knife. he then lights the torch, and adds extra strips of cloth as he goes along to keep it alight. THAT's what he would use, he did use, and has to be the most Rambo-like flashlight.

He also liked to light the way by shooting bad guys with arrows with blue lightsticks attached to them.

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
I think he'd get the Fenix TK70. And the Fenix headband.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for Fire-On-A-Stick (or more accurately Fire-On-A-Knife - I won't even write the acronym)

He also might carry flares for when he needs a hands-free solution.

Anything else, he would probably use as a pipe bomb.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, he is not a flashlight guy...I doubt he would be carring one...he does not mess with batteries, he can see in the dark, or find a way out. :)