What lights are on your purchasing radar?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wishlist is long but only have the thrunite tn4a hi on my radar. Damn exchange rates though

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
25 years as a Flashoholic and the TK35-UE 2015 (2,000 lumens) has ruined me for all flashlight work from 20 inches to 200 yards! It's the most versatile light I could have ever imagined. It has even replaced all of our Malkoff Wildcats and Hound Dogs.

Sold my Surefire Beast II and never replaced it with a long thrower. So something along those lines are on my radar...

- Nitecore TM16-GT

- Fenix' replacement for the TK61

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZebraLight H600Fw Mk. III

I still don't have a headlamp!

There were some issues in early October, when the Mk. III was first released. A firmware glitch that was fixed that month meant that medium was too bright, and runtimes were not as advertised. By now, that should be well behind us, so my plan is to buy in the new year.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing on my radar.

Between the Deft edc X and Rev Enthusiast, the Olight S1's and a boat load of Surefire lights, I'm not buying any more lights.

Was the wife watching you as you typed that lol jk. Seriously though, done buying flashlights? How many flashaholics have said that before lol?

ncgrass

Enlightened
This has also hung out near the bottom of my wish list for months now, and I feel the same way. I've got a pretty extensive collection of lights but no Malkoff. In fact I kinda feel like I don't know enough about the brand to get started filling that void (and maybe I haven't been interested enough to learn). I really should do a bit of research though and pick one to add to the stable.

I'm not so sure that's a good financial decision. I have a couple of malkoff dropins and absolutely love then but have resisted buying full lights or hosts. I know that after I buy one, I'll buy one after another leaving no money for anything else...

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was the wife watching you as you typed that lol jk. Seriously though, done buying flashlights? How many flashaholics have said that before lol?

Can I amend my comment?

I have four lights coming next year from the Kickstarter campaigns. They're already paid for.

Two of the titanium Firefly's with tritium and two of the Atlas C57 lights.

I'm either going to purchase or build control boxes for a VSS3a and a Nightsun SX16. Between the two boxes, I figure there's around $4 k in parts with the cables and connectors.

I need to replace my CNC lathe with something like a Methods Slant for greater productivity. I can see $45k in the lathe and another $15k for tooling.

The lights are toys, my machine tools need to last me a few more years till I'm old enough to retire. After I prototype a part, in most cases, I end up off loading the lathe work because I can't get my costs low enough.

2016 is going to be interesting.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I amend my comment?

I have four lights coming next year from the Kickstarter campaigns. They're already paid for.

Two of the titanium Firefly's with tritium and two of the Atlas C57 lights.

I'm either going to purchase or build control boxes for a VSS3a and a Nightsun SX16. Between the two boxes, I figure there's around $4 k in parts with the cables and connectors.

I need to replace my CNC lathe with something like a Methods Slant for greater productivity. I can see $45k in the lathe and another $15k for tooling.

The lights are toys, my machine tools need to last me a few more years till I'm old enough to retire. After I prototype a part, in most cases, I end up off loading the lathe work because I can't get my costs low enough.

2016 is going to be interesting.

Definitely sounds like you have other/better things to do than fool with anymore small lights. I'd like to get a lathe myself but that won't happen for awhile.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I need to upgrade my headlamp, as much as the energizer has worked for me I think that the
Zebralight H52Fw AA Floody Headlamp Neutral White
aught to make a great light for when I want to read or work up close with my hands.
I might want to get a nitecore tube sometime,
and other than that a dedicated thrower to bring camping but not EDC.

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good thrower (3-4k lumens) still searching and haven't decided.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good thrower (3-4k lumens) still searching and haven't decided.
When looking for a thrower you want a high candela, not necessarily high lumens. With that said look at the Olight M3xs-ut, Nitecore TM16GT & TM36, Acebeam K40S, Thrunite TN32-UT and then any of Vinh's builds

ven

Flashaholic

Depending on what you define good, the k60vn is an awesome light with the xhp70 de-dome and 5000lm. Around 230kcd and an amazing tint/beam,nice control ring UI

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401941-K60vn-First-XHP70-Thrower

NoT the best!!!!!!!!! as took by phone, can see a lot more by eye as the phone auto balances and makes the pic look dimmer, get the idea though

Then of course for double the kcd+ the tn32UTvn mentioned by TAC
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?410340-TN32UTvn-Best-Magnetic-Ring-Thrower

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
When looking for a thrower you want a high candela, not necessarily high lumens. With that said look at the Olight M3xs-ut, Nitecore TM16GT & TM36, Acebeam K40S, Thrunite TN32-UT and then any of Vinh's builds
I'm seriously considering the tm16 at this point. Too many choices. I toss and turn at night in bed having to choose. :D

Depending on what you define good, the k60vn is an awesome light with the xhp70 de-dome and 5000lm. Around 230kcd and an amazing tint/beam,nice control ring UI

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401941-K60vn-First-XHP70-Thrower

NoT the best!!!!!!!!! as took by phone, can see a lot more by eye as the phone auto balances and makes the pic look dimmer, get the idea though

Then of course for double the kcd+ the tn32UTvn mentioned by TAC
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?410340-TN32UTvn-Best-Magnetic-Ring-Thrower

I've missed that thread. good read. thanks.