• OEM Delco/Toyota etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bushman,

Based on your driving conditions, your normal oil change interval should be at around 1500 miles. Using full synthetic oil, you could probably extend that to 2000 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That kind of driving is hard on a car.

Tom

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding Fram filters, my own experience tells me to steer clear of them. I've always used AC Delco filters, but a year ago I bought a Fram because it was on sale, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I installed it in my 1956 Olds 88, and used my usual weight, grade, and brand of oil. The oil pressure was 5 psi lower at hot idle in gear than with the AC Delco filter. Needless to say, thats the last time I will stray from AC Delco.

springnr

Enlightened
Wix makes a good filter.
Mobil 1 in 5 gallon container runs ~$18 at Walmart and 5,000 mile interval is conservative .

Computer controlled electronic fuel injection's precise fuel metering improvement over the accelerator pump of a carburettor means idling isn't the problem it used to be.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Bypass oil filter can extend your interval up to 25,000 miles easy. As long as you need to know how the oil become needed full change. You will need Blackstone lab for the oil sample to find out how far you can put maxmium miles on oil with bypass oil filter. Like i said i still running Mobil 1 at 7100 miles still counting. It look very light gold still more miles . I dont spend on Mobil 1 but only responsible focus on oil filter and Bypass filter replacement. the oil still same. I saved so much money on oils /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bushman,

I hope you took my previous post "tongue in cheek."

I have several friends that use Mobil 1 in city traffic. They are on a 6 month and 12 month cycle.

Every 6 months the replace the oil filter and every 12 months they replace both the filter and oil.

No problems so far and they just mark it on the calendar. They feel that if they have a few extra miles on the oil, the Mobil 1 can take it.

Tom

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anything I need to do to "prep" the engine before changing over to full synthetic? Any clean out or anything?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mobil 1 in both my wifes mustang (2003...6 cylinder) and my mothers mazda 626 (1998...6 also). I pay $30 at wallmart and change it every 3000 miles or so. They use the fram filters with the easy on/off grip. After reading this thread I will see if they have any other filter options.

Ken

Samoan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
springnr said:
Wix makes a good filter.
Mobil 1 in 5 gallon container runs ~$18 at Walmart and 5,000 mile interval is conservative .

[/ QUOTE ]

5 QUART containor is about $18. I do the same thing. The only way to go. I do wish that Walley World would also sell my prefereed Purolator Pure One filter.

-Fernando