What should've been your second light

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
my first was fenix tk11. (cool white tint.. i still trust this light alot. if i were to buy one now.. i would prefer to have an extra mode for lower output and neutral tint.. tk12 might be nice :))

second still should of been Quark Warm/Neutral AA Tactical (that i really edc.. other lights i have are in rotation as backups of the qwaat)

then comes the hard part.. how to give a number to the rest..

third one should of been itp a3 as it is/used to be just great value when it was med-low-high ui (or preon1 because ipt dont offer neutral tints) something very small to the keychain and where you cant carry bigger light.

fourth zebralight h501w (the usefulness of this flood light is just great)

fifth solarforce L2 lego kit. :) (enough to build more than 1 light from parts)

sixth nitecore d10 (quark slowly passed it as my main edc, the tint again)

seventh zebralight sc50w (i do not like the "too easy to turn on by itself" clicky but i just love this light otherwise)

eight L-mini II neutral tint. (well this could also be 5th/6th/7th but as its not easily available i have to leave it at 8.)

ninth romisen n3 (everyone needs a cheap solid 2AA simple loaner/beater. if the solarforce lego dont offer l2r as separate light :))

tenth hmmmmmm... i think i am ok with the ones above ..maybe something custom and cool.. like my lummi raw is.

my favorite is neutral/warm tint. i love AA size and form so i skip cr123 lights. and jump into 18650 instead if i need something else than 14500 for more runtime and voltage. and i do not like to spend too much on my lights. (the tk11 and lummi are still my most expensive lights)

to offer something for you as AA i still advice you to get the quark AA tactical. zebralight sc50 is nice option too.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first quality light was the Quark AAw which, in hindsight, was an excellent light to start with.

If I could go back and talk with my younger self about flashlights this is what I would say:

"Younger me, forget about getting 14500s for the Quark. You'll never use Max on the Quark anyways. Make light #2 a Zebralight H501w and stop buying lights for a while. If you still feel the need to search for the perfect EDC, skip the other AA lights and get yourself a High-CRI Ra Clicky. Yes, I know it uses CR123s, but it's still worth it and you won't use any of your other AA lights except the H501w once you get the Ra. Get a Pila and some AW RCR123s and you'll be set for EDC. Finally, get the neutral MG L-mini II when the old laptop finally dies and then don't buy any more lights for a while, especially the MC-E lights. I know the other lights look real nice, but you'll always come back to the Ra, H501w, and L-mini, so you may as well save your money."

--flatline

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My first light was a Lowes Task force.
Second light was a Surefire 6P.
I can't remember much after that.

My first light SHOULD have been the 6P.
My second light should have been either the Zebralight H501 or Surefire A2. I didn't buy either of these until FAR down the line, and today they are my 2 most used lights. I still use the fore-mentioned L1T-V2 a lot too though.

Last edited: