What vegetables do you like (or should I say, tolerate?)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I love fresh veggies and eat plenty of them all the time. That's partly because I love to garden and grow a lot of my own food. The stuff that comes fresh out of my organic garden has a flavor and texture you just can't buy in any store. This time of year is a little sad because the growing season is winding down but I actually just came in from harvesting some swiss chard, kale, red cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, red peppers and three types of lettuce which will all go into tonight's dinner along with some grass feed natural beef from a farm two miles up the road. Soon the first hard frost will hit us but the brussel spouts and kale just get better tasting after a frost. One reason for harvesting so much stuff tonight is indeed because the frost is coming.

Yeah, kale from the store does taste lousy. From my garden, the younger leaves are flavorful enough and tender enough to use in salad.

Em50e8K.jpg

That looks tasty enough to set up the cross hairs on and wait for something to eat to wander over.

:D

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks tasty enough to set up the cross hairs on and wait for something to eat to wander over.

:D

I know! In fact, the deer got into my garden a little bit last night and munched on some of my cabbages. Bow season just started but I'm a firearms guy and that's not 'til November.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I love steamed broccoli when it's not too crunchy and not too soft. There's a narrow window where it's really good. I also like peas & carrots (they're better together), beets, potatos, yams... good stuff. No mushrooms for me though!

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okra!!! I really like pickled okra and also like it in gumbo...but...boiled and slimy -- not so much...:) Fried is good too...

And brussel sprouts with a lot of salt, pepper, and butter...though probably not very healthy that way, I suppose...

I've also eaten fresh tomatoes from the garden like an apple with salt and pepper...the ones from the grocery store don't taste the same as non-commercially grown ones...

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
potatos tomatoes hot pepper green peppers onions broccoli i eat lots of vedgies thats why im at my perfect weight if i was 9 foot tall

Monocrom

Flashaholic
potatos tomatoes hot pepper green peppers onions broccoli i eat lots of vedgies thats why im at my perfect weight if i was 9 foot tall

Oh yeah, I love potatoes. For some odd reason, never thought of them as vegetables.

Technically, due to having seeds inside, tomatoes are actually fruits. But everyone in the world treats them as a vegetable.