What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Ishango

Enlightened
I just ordered the 47's Quark MiNi 123, S2 edition. This light was on my wishlist for a long time and I really like my MiNi AA a lot as well. Wanted to try this one out. I also got a great yearly review at work and wanted to give myself a present :thumbsup:

wattzup

Newly Enlightened
Well, being that I'm cheapskate my latest purchases were two 1w engergizers on clearance at Target but today I also ordered a Fenix EO1 since I seem to have an abundance of AAA batteries gathering dust.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, not "purchased", but I just traded a second E2L-AA I had for an LX2. Why? Even though I believe the E2L-AA to be more "useful" all around, having a new SF that you don't have yet is always better than having two of the same model.

The only SF models I have yet to own , in one variation or another, are (I leave "special lights" out, i.e. weapon lights, etc.), is a Beast, 9N, 8A/X, Dominator, Titan, A2Z, Stratum. I think that's it??? ...that's only 7 of SF's basic models. Oh, and the L7...make that 8.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The only SF models I have yet to own , in one variation or another, are (I leave "special lights" out, i.e. weapon lights, etc.), is a Beast, 9N, 8A/X, Dominator, Titan, A2Z, Stratum. I think that's it??? ...that's only 7 of SF's basic models. Oh, and the L7...make that 8.

Ironically, the two hardest to find would be the first and last ones on your list. I seem to recall only one CPF Regular using an L7 on a daily basis.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E05 to replace the Preon Revo on my keychain. I still love the Revo but found that I rarely used the lowest level or the highest level and did not like always cycling past the low level.

While I only just received it, the E05 seems to be the ticket with a great floody beam that reaches surprisingly far.

I still have a Revo in my wallet because I like knowing that I have a solid 40 plus hours of light available to me when I want it.

I do wish that the Revo memorized the last level... it would be perfect for me then... it is pretty close to perfect now.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last light of any type, it was an LED, I purchased was in Sept. last year. It was a Preon II. The reason I purchased it was because I have been waiting for that basic light for a long time. It replaced my Streamlight Stylus Pro and Inova T1 for EDC. It combined the size of the Stylus Pro with a very reasonable high output option, wihtout being too bright which becomes problematic in some of todays lights.

Best of both worlds in the best carry size, its perfect and I do not foresee besides replacing a light that break, needing anything else.

okent

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK45.
Bought it for a springbreak trip to Carlsbad Caverns last week based on what I have read here and it was a major hit.
Runs off AA batteries and is a light sword in my opinion.
It's my 3rd Fenix light and they have earned my loyalty.
It has now replaced my bedside 4D MagLite.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically, the two hardest to find would be the first and last ones on your list. I seem to recall only one CPF Regular using an L7 on a daily basis.

Yeah, and with the B90's being discontinued, it looks to be even les of a chance I will ever own one. Glad I stocked up on B65's (for $3 a piece, who wouldn't?), and should be set for about 5-6 years. Hopefully their will be a replacement coming around for these (even if aftermarket)...otherwise, I'll have alot of A14/AN14's laying around.

BWX

Enlightened
I got a TK45 while CPF was down.. I just got a nice mount to mount it to handlebars on my mtb.
It isn't nearly as heavy as I thought it would be either (the TK45), and it is as bright as I could ever want a bike light to be. Check it out! This works perfectly.
http://www.geomangear.com/index.php...ducts_id=229&zenid=4gbe4rs8p7r06u97gfhr916kh4

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

BWX

Enlightened
Thats a sweet setup, BWX.

Thanks!! And that mount only weighs in at 56g and the twofish block rubber connectors aren't very heavy either- Not that anyone using a TK45 is worried about weight, LOL.
I have seen some posts on different forums asking how to attach a TK45 to a bike- I think I got lucky when I bought that mount, it is perfect. :)

monju123

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight H31CW from High Mountain Outfitters, the only place that I could find that had them in stock. Just bought a new old house (40 years old) and I will be spending a lot of time in the attic with electrical work, so I bought my 1st headlamp. Hope ZL makes as great light as seems to be the prevailing attitude on this forum. Based on the quality of info gleaned from here in the past, I'm not very worried.

okent

Newly Enlightened
I got a TK45 while CPF was down.. I just got a nice mount to mount it to handlebars on my mtb.
It isn't nearly as heavy as I thought it would be either (the TK45), and it is as bright as I could ever want a bike light to be.

How stable is this setup? I have the light and love it.

BWX

Enlightened
How stable is this setup? I have the light and love it.

I just rode it four miles in about 38F.. like 30 minutes ago. It was solid as a rock, and I didn't use any innertube rubber or anything.. I'm impressed with it.

AIRASSAULT18B

Newly Enlightened
A load of Fenix E01 to give to family members so they can get a taste of a decent light for their keychain & to understand why I buy multiple lights . Also to show the usefulness of having multiple lights and you are not a hoarder just because you have more then one of each type.