What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

CSG

Newly Enlightened
The last one I purchased was a Streamlight ProTac 90X USB (included rechargeable battery or CR123s) as a hopeful replacement for my aged Night-Ops Gladius. In short, it will. 1000 lumens on bright, strobe, and 65 (IIRC) lumes on low. Good runtimes and a good tac light IMO. You hold it like a pistol and the thumb button rests easily at the 45 degree angle behind the head. This is a bedstand light so it's not going to accidentally go on. As I have a compliment of small Fenix lights and the uber cool Olight i3T light, I am good for the foreseeable future. I carry a Nightcore Tube V2 on my two keyrings and have added the freebie Olight i1R 2 to my main keychain in addition to the Nitecore.

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam L17 inbound and should have it in a day or two because I want a pocket thrower. I also got the pressure switch so I can mount it on my .308 BA rifle.

Got these today because I needed a better trip-to-the-bathroom-in-the-middle-of-the-night light than my Photon Freedom I've used for around 10 years. One went on my keychain.

f723b4c5ee399b35269867107513db81.jpg

CSG

Newly Enlightened
The last one I purchased was a Streamlight ProTac 90X USB (included rechargeable battery or CR123s) as a hopeful replacement for my aged Night-Ops Gladius. In short, it will. 1000 lumens on bright, strobe, and 65 (IIRC) lumes on low. Good runtimes and a good tac light IMO. You hold it like a pistol and the thumb button rests easily at the 45 degree angle behind the head. This is a bedstand light so it's not going to accidentally go on. As I have a compliment of small Fenix lights and the uber cool Olight i3T light, I am good for the foreseeable future. I carry a Nightcore Tube V2 on my two keyrings and have added the freebie Olight i1R 2 to my main keychain in addition to the Nitecore.

To respond to myself, I've come to appreciate this light so much that I just ordered a second for my vehicle. This is not an EDC light for me as mentioned earlier but it is a great tac light and works well with a pistol. I'm quite surprised there's been virtually no discussion of this upgrade to the Pro-Tac 90 300 lumen version. The X version has a little more length as it takes 2 CR123 batteries which makes it a bit more ergonomic and does an incredible job of lighting up the night to help maintain SA.

iu

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA Twisty

Sofirn C01S with High CRI 4000k SST-20
because I like giving High CRI lights to muggles and friends

pic is a link to more info

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop GT 94. Four x SBT90.2, 118 mm reflector diameter, 2.6 Kg without cells, approximately 20,000 lumens and 2,400 meters throw. Because I want to see for myself how the throw compares to the R90TS. I anticipate 700 meters more throw than the R90TS with less lumens, but much more mass heat sinking and much more aggressive heat dissipation fins and no internal fans. Of course, the beam performance and beam profile will be an exhilarating sight to see. Also, I have never purchased from Nealsgadgets before, and I have never purchased from Texas_Ace group buy before.

Also, after an almost four year wait, this is the first light to have both significantly more throw and significantly more lumens than the X65. That right there makes this, for me, a must have.

mhpreston

Enlightened
42878f0f0b023f76967c6960ff2712b7.jpg

82876756e6d391280690595dec8b86f5.jpg

Olight Batten Pro Ti. Liked the aesthetic of this limited edition version and have a lovely Ti knife that matched it well. However, I have to carry it with an Alox SAK, which is a close as I can get while being street legal where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I just bought a Lumintop FW21 and an FW21 Pro. Why? well mainly because the price was too good to miss and I don`t have 10,000lm light, plus I think I`ll gift the other light to my mom (if I can get Muggle Mode sorted).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Looks pretty cool. I like it. If you decide you don't really need 2, my address is: :)

My pa n law left a duracell leaks-a-lot in the one I gave him so I gave him my spare (and will have Pelican fix the one he busted). He tried fixing it by pouring Coca Cola into it. Zzzzzt!

Recently bought a Maglite ML125 and XL200. The ML125 was the first dual fuel big light since Don Keller did the Pro Lite rechargeable D light in the late 1970's that could use 3D cells or rechargeable battery stick. The XL200 can brighten or dim using gravity like a HexBright.

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found an Energizer Vision HD 400L 2AA light at Lowe's for 50% off. Thought I'd try it.

The "digital focus" feature is a complete bust, but the default beam with all 3 emitters on is a pleasant floody beam. The electronic switch feels pretty solid and the metal body is thick and heavy.

When you turn it on, it start high (claims 400L) and you have a short window to click again to change to medium and then strobe. Once you've left it in a mode for more than a second, the next click turns the light off. This is an acceptable UI. I would prefer a mechanical switch so that I don't have to worry about parasitic drain.

It uses PWM even on high, but it's decently high frequency. I don't like PWM and I do notice it in use if I move the light quickly, but it's not a deal breaker.

Anyways, I won't buy another, but it was an okay diversion for an evening.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XL200 can brighten or dim using gravity.

I'll always have a soft spot for ML just because of who they are and what they do, and this comment had me sayin' 'Huh?'. So I checked out the web site product page for a description of what that means, and it says only: Motion-controlled variable power level and strobe rate

I may be a little dense, but that told me nothing - so I looked for a 'user guide / manual', and couldn't find that either. Is it me, or do they not understand / do documentation??

Anyway, I guess I'll just ask you Mr. BF (which I evidently should've just done in the first place). What's with the gravity / motion stuff?

I just ordered a LUMINTOP EDC01 & a seven pack of LUXPRO LP130 lights. The Lumintop seems like a strong contender for the keychain EDC role (I use an Olight i3e EOC which I love) and the Luxpro lights get good reviews and seem like they might be good in some small wilderness PSKs I'm building. For the latter application reliability and compactness are my main concerns so I'll beat on one of them for a while and see if it holds up.