What watch you're wearing?

ven

Flashaholic
62HD1F5l.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Be careful with the fitbits, been a few that have :poof: and left a nasty burn on the wrist. Never been kind of interested in iwatch types, maybe i am just old fashioned. Its a pain enough charging torch batteries all the time, plugging phone in every evening, tool batteries, ecig batteries.............the list just never ends. Then to add a watch! Just another thing to plug in or sit on charge.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in the early 90s I bought 3-5 Swatch Irony watches..... liked their look and they were affordable. But I only wore them when I was on the move. At home as well as in the office I took them off. When I bought my first cellphone in 1996 they ended up rather quick in a drawer. In the last 20 years I didn´t have a single watch on my wrist. Earlier this year I found thoses Swatches again and sold them since I´d never wear a watch again...... so I thought.

In september I was on my way to get a haircut and saw the new Seiko 5 Sports automatic watches in a window. Loved their look, but well..... I don´t wear watches anymore. In october I passed the same window and couldn´t resist anymore. I bought the one with the orange strap. The straps are not Seiko straps but Prometheus Design Werks Nato straps with Ti hardware and wear rather comfortable compared to the ones on my Swatch watches back then. Liked it so much, I bought a second one (the black one) in november. Just a few days ago I ordered a third watch (Traser P68 Pathfinder automatic in blue) and I am eyeballing a fourth already. I guess it´s not going to end well for me ;)

Seiko1k.jpg

Seiko3k.jpg

mhpreston

Enlightened
Very nice watches there and I loved my Traser when I had one. Sadly, after two decades or so the tritium started to fade. I reckon those straps won't fade [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! Since Tritium has a half life of 12,32 years it´s going dark after some time ;) That´s why I hesitated a bit ordering the Traser watch. But since it has lume as well I thought what the heck and ordered it anyway.

ven

Flashaholic
I love love love those seiko's Eric, very nice and loving the blue especially! I have a seiko 5 with green bezel saved to buy at some point(i do like dark green on a divers). I kind of went through a phase, good few years of not wearing a watch. After all its easy not to, get up, leave for work, cant wear one in work. So i loose maybe up to 2.30pm ish with no watch. But i find, once you get a little back into it, its like a chain around the neck, or a bracelet etc. I feel naked! so if i dont wear a watch outside(to and from also) i just feel like i am missing something. That was ......maybe 20yrs back.

Yep your in trouble haha, my original plan made sense(to me) which was simply 7 watches.......yep 1 each day of the week type of plan. It lasted a few month, but by the time you get(well i get) past 5 or 6....too late! I like my divers, like my chrono, like my digital(G's) like analog/digital. Then colours, brands(nothing fancy here, i actually would rather have 10 decent watches than say 1 seamaster. But thats me, can only wear 1 at a time, just like you can only use 1 torch at a time. But none of us have 1 torch!

I digress, its all fun and choices, variety is the spice of life:D

Coincidently, today is also a seiko 5 day, the landshark. This was actually seiko's 1st 200m sekio 5 watch.........not that it matters to me.
gRSpWrpl.jpg

Look forward to more Eric, those 2 are winners:)

ven

Flashaholic
He hee - my Fitbit is set to explode if I do over 500 steps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughing:

I hope not! Wear in good health means a lot more with a fitbit:)

I dont have a specific health device, but the app on iphone kind of gets glanced at of late. (goes off to glance and screen shot today)
Thats up to now, but i dont always have my phone on my person in work, it often gets put in the tool box.
jCdza0Fl.png

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Ven. Yes, it is definitly easier to not wear a watch than to wear one. Especially for me, a guy who just can´t wear rings, chains, bracelets and so on. I don´t know, it disturbs me somehow. So a watch is all I can take in that regard. Hmm.... 7 watches, one for each day of the week... maybe I could kid myself that this is a good plan :devil: I will give it a thought.

Btw. since most of us have at least two arms/wrists/hands we could wear two at a time. I guess it would look a bit stupid but using two flashlights on the other hand... ;)

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
GREAT thread here !

lovecpf

Any recommendations for a MECHANICAL men's watch
(either self-winding, or manual wind)

- With Numbers !

- Sweep second hand

- Luminous dial

- Rugged & water resistant

- Perhaps 100 Bucks

* UPDATE * -- I've Upped this to $ 200

Thank you for your suggestions !

:thumbsup:
_

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you Ven. Yes, it is definitly easier to not wear a watch than to wear one. Especially for me, a guy who just can´t wear rings, chains, bracelets and so on. I don´t know, it disturbs me somehow. So a watch is all I can take in that regard. Hmm.... 7 watches, one for each day of the week... maybe I could kid myself that this is a good plan :devil: I will give it a thought.

Btw. since most of us have at least two arms/wrists/hands we could wear two at a time. I guess it would look a bit stupid but using two flashlights on the other hand... ;)

Ha ha that is true, you may b surprised by how many actually wear 2 watches! Not saying lots, but there are a few who do.........why not! Imagine carrying 2 torches......or more:p

ven

Flashaholic
Archi suggestion is defo a +1 , orient are excellent bang for buck and even have their own movement. Search about(very easy) to find a minty used one for under 100 bucks.

Only issue with sub 100 buck watches is not actually always the watch, you can get ones with seiko movement etc in for even less. BUT the bracelet tends to be where money is saved, cheap, thin, rattly types that can ruin the feel. Its a fairly easy fix, but by the time you may spend $60-$100 on a new bracelet(presuming bracelet, could be nato etc for much cheaper), you near the 200 $ watches.

I will throw along with orient, seiko 5 and citizen eco drive in the mix(mint used as well for options). Many collectors buy, dont even wear more than once, store or display then sell up to fund bigger purchases. So you can pretty much pick up a $200 watch for $100+ ish...........like new.

I think seiko lume is one of the best. Citizen is pretty good, not quite seiko from my little experience. Orient i dont actually own yet, but the triton and mako/ray certainly have my interest.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think Orient have renamed their Triton, the Neptune now.

And I might have gotten one recently, ven ;)

Will see about pictures soon ....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I like my auto Seiko's, but have not been so active recently, so they lose time quickly. I had a Pulsar Quartz duver 100 meters, with a screw down crown, circa 2014. Pepsi version and it was stolen, and it was discontinued a few years later. I wear a watch 24/7, showers included. Have not found one to replace the Pulsar.

Bill

Bill

Burgess

Flashaholic

* UPDATE * -- I've Upped this to $ 200

And I really like having the ENTIRE FACE be LumiBrite.

And I really like having all the numbers,
which seems to be called Military style
or Railroad style.

And it's getting Confusing for me, folks !
< sigh >

Thank you, Everyone,
for your suggestions so far !

:twothumbs
_

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Sweet christmas, at this rate we will be at a datejust soon:nana: In all seriousness, 200 bucks offers quite a good choice spectrum. Lumibrite wise, seiko 5. Unless you fixed on brand new, i would look to a mint used if can. You will potentially get a 300-400 buck watch a few years old, but not worn. Just thoughts.

Check luminox out, its hard to recommend exact ones, some metal, others rubber or leather straps. There are so many variables, but all numbers luminox may float your boat. Over budget new, but used should come close to.

Today is a king day
El40mqcl.jpg

Latest posts