Whats a good 1AA or 2AA flashlight these days?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a sucker for AA and have tried a large number. Zebra light is a forerunner for single AA. The four sevens quark is an excellent 2AA which can run a single AA tube as well (though I hate the lack of lock out tailcap). The newer fenix mentioned earlier is almost perfect for general use except for he cat p—s green sst20 (soooo close why bomb on the binning?). I do really like the Jaxman E3 as well.

The problem is that some of these single AA lights are just about as big as some 18650s like the zebralight. Makes it hard to justify.

Two real winners in the single AA format are the Thrunite TH20 and the Acebeam H40. Both excellent lights.

I'd love to like the Peaks but I just can't enjoy the qtc (plus I've had one qtc fail so trust is questionable as well).

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Well, that's frickin' genius! A bit of a nuisance but thanks for that little hack!
No problemo, glad it was helpful! :wave:
Whoa!!! You just made my day! Seems so simple once someone points it out. Now I have to go through all my other lights.
It's actually not that obvious. Most flashlights have unmatched front and tail threads, either in thickness or length. We're fortunate that Lumintop thought ahead of the general design curve ;)

CSG

Newly Enlightened
No problemo, glad it was helpful! :wave:

It's actually not that obvious. Most flashlights have unmatched front and tail threads, either in thickness or length. We're fortunate that Lumintop thought ahead of the general design curve ;)
I didn't try this with the flashlight as it came but after reversing the head for the tail, it also has twist functions to turn on the light and adjust levels! Or does this happen in the conventional position as well? Instructions were too tiny to read well.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I didn't try this with the flashlight as it came but after reversing the head for the tail, it also has twist functions to turn on the light and adjust levels! Or does this happen in the conventional position as well? Instructions were too tiny to read well.

It works no matter what, as twisting has the same effect of clicking the switch - cutting off the current flow to the driver.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works no matter what, as twisting has the same effect of clicking the switch - cutting off the current flow to the driver.
Also, it is the only way to control the light if one has the magnetic tail cap installed, since it has no switch [Kinda hard to operate a switch with the magnetic tail cap since one would have to remove it from wherever it was stuck in order to operate it.]

distrbd

Newly Enlightened
My most favorite 2xAA flashlight is Fenix E20(version 1), I don't know if they are still available for sale, all I see is the V2 model but the older E20 was my first "modern" flashlight and what I loved the most about it was it's single tasked / simple ON/OFF switch, and it did(does) throw a lot of lumens. can't be sure but around 180 lumens.

My best 1xAA flashlight is Fenix LD10, again, I doubt they are sold any more but both theses flashlights are available to anyone in my house in situations like power failure, they are one on my desk and one on a shelf
in my Livingroom
,they are both reliable and simple to use.
Both these lights are now available in a newrer versions so they worth looking at .
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Fenix-E...961606&hash=item4dac6fb525:g:izMAAOSwmBRex-Ps
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fenix-LD12-...701347?hash=item34170806a3:g:BFoAAOSwt35dtxPs

Last edited:

Latest posts