What's the best $150 thrower?

firelord777

Enlightened
How would you compare the Eagletac to the TK35 overall?
I'm really not sure how. But I will try. The ET has around 10K of more lux than TK35, but from what I have seen, the TK35 is noticably brighter. Bigger hotspot too. But it reaches out there by brute lumen force. I don't have it, but IRC, ET has a 350 or so meter throw, and TK35 has 333 meter throw. Not much farther if you ask me. The TK35 is also cheaper, and much smaller :D. But the Eagletac has more accesories. But the only accessories I see me using is the diffuser and the holster/lanyard. The ET also does not support Flat-tops, which is why i did not buy it. all of my 6 salvage laptop 18650 are flat-tops. If you want throw, get the TK41 ($120) when it comes out, it has 55,000 cd, and a slightly higher lux rating. It uses 8 aa batteries. I know there are multiple 18650 powered lights coming out in the near future, but I don't want to go everywhere with a silent pipe bomb. Plus, I'm survival oriented most of the time, and somehow, my guts tell me there won't be 18650 or readily available cr123 in a situation. And the long runtimes of the tk41 will lessen the need for batteries. Only downside is it is bigger and uses 8 battteries a round. So overall, I would choose the TK35 over ET, even if ET supported flat tops. ET is pretty good, but nowadays, I am trying to get good lumen for the money. ET is no good deal for me as long as the TK35 is out.But then again, im not buying either one. Oh yeah, can anyone post link to the lumanpower force thingy with the 78K of lux? Can't find it anywhere.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Big glad you like that light its a nice light Totaly happy with mine. Just realized I didnt add the link to my last post LOL ok I have a great excuse____ I'M OLD !! the light mentioned in that post is outstanding for throw will beat my Asphericals no problem will be testing it out with the lumapower this weekend at my property. here is the link to where I got the XLR250
http://www.elusivewildlife.com/products.htm?section=22&p=productsList&iCategory=6

Joe
Thanks for providing the link for this light. I look forward to your test between the XLR250 and the Lumapower. I was going to purchase either the Tiablo A10 or the Lumapower, but now I have a third light to consider.

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
just my 2cents worth how about a fenix tk30 I have one and I use it as my big dog light I know there's more powerful lights but this one I use as a walk home light but it has a lot of punch to see way out there but any how just my 2cents

firelord777

Enlightened
Fenix tk30 would be sufficient, but keep in mind it is many years old, and $150. The Armytek Predator can beat slightly in throw, and it is $120 if you're a CPF member. or, the TK41, which will kill both of these, and even the JETBEAM M2S gladiky. mega throw: Tk41, enough throw: Armytek, enough throw with enough mass to use as a baton: TK30

BMF

Enlightened
Is it just me or ...?

The OP has joined this forum for almost 41 years ago in December 1969 and didn't have any post yet so far

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or ...?

The OP has joined this forum for almost 41 years ago in December 1969 and didn't have any post yet so far

Wow. I didn't even notice. He must have been waiting for LED technology to evolve before he spent any money on a flashlight.

Last edited:

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I know the OP said ONE 18650, but i just dont see how you can get good throw, and reasonable runtime on one.

I agree with Blub, take a look at the Olight M3X, i have one, and i run it in the 2x18650 config, and #1 it isnt that big or unmanagable, and #2 the holster it comes with still works in that config.

That light has some THROW and some output.

da.gee

Enlightened
Dereelight DBS V3. Very good throw. Very good value. Very good quality. Option of aspheric lens for even more throw.