What's the tint like on your Cree/Seoul emitters?

True

Newly Enlightened
The SSC USW0 I got from DX is a very nice, clean, snowish white, maybe leaning a bit towards daylight white but the most comfortable tint I have, indoors or outdoors.

The SSC on the Ministar5 is very close in tint to the one I got from DX.

Every Cree I own, however, has a slight greenish tint (my L0D-CE the worst offender) - except for a Lorsund from DX, which is a very unnatural white.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both my L0D-CE and my SSC-P4 Little Friend are a much cooler white than any of my Luxeons. Probably a WC/X0 tint. May even be a WB/Y0 tint.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just modded a Princeton Tec EOS with a P4 USWOH from Photon Fanatic. It is absolutely white. It looks like I'm going to like the USVOH for an outdoor light.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: Today I modified a Elektro Lumens Blaster 1R with a P4 USWOH star from Photon Fanatic and it is also very white. I will definitely be buying more of these for upgrades.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WO SSCs and WC XR-Es I've used so far give a nice colour.

Used in isolation, they appear just clean white (but then so do many lights).
When compared with other LED lights underground, they do seem fairly definitively white - if another light is different, that light looks less properly white, though there's probably a lot of subjectivity in there, and being brighter does rather help the Crees and SSCs seem the more standard.

Last edited:

Latest posts