What's your car EDC?

Etsu

Enlightened
and batteries in a special box and not in the flashlight because they can leak and destroy the Mag

IMO, that defeats the purpose of carrying a flashlight in your car. What if you break down with a car battery or electrical problem, and you have no lights to look around for the batteries and flashlight and get them installed?

I keep one of my older flashlights in the car, loaded with Eneloops or (if I really hate the flashlight) alkalines. If it leaks, no big loss. I check it every couple of months to make sure the batteries are okay.

Neginfluence04

Newly Enlightened
Did someone say car carry?

console-gun-bunker-car-secure.jpg

mattltm

Newly Enlightened
I have an old beaten up 5D Maglite (used as a starting device for my first car, a '69 mini cooper!) with a standard Maglite LED bulb held down by the drivers seat with some push in pipe clamps and a surefire G2 Nitrolon in the glove box with a 6 cell CR123 spare carrier and spare bulb.

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
IMO, that defeats the purpose of carrying a flashlight in your car. What if you break down with a car battery or electrical problem, and you have no lights to look around for the batteries and flashlight and get them installed?

That's what a keychain light on my car keys are for.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
A 2D mag Led rolling around in the trunk
a Nextorch T10 in the glovebox
some Energizer with three leds and a Ledlenser frogman(D14) in the door.

The Nextorch has cr123 and the rest have alkaleaks because i really dont care much for them and i also have atleast two lights on me if the ones in the car fail in some way.

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Inova T3, Surefire 6P/KL3 and a cheap headlamp in my Center Console.
under the seat I have a reflective vest and an Eflare (2xD LED strobe)
In the boot I have a 12V fluorescent light, with a 10m cable, and adapters for cigar lighter and battery clips, a small 3xAAA 5x5mm led light, 2x Hazard triangles, and a few tools, towrope, jumper leads, shovel.
sometimes there's a bigger light in there too, my Maxabeam or a Ryobi one+ HID light (and a 12v Charger, and a few one+ packs - my rattlegun and air compressor use them too)

This is in addition to my EDC - which is typically 3-5 lights, 2 at the bare minimum

No I'm not scared of the dark, the dark is scared of me !

davyro

Enlightened
I have my Jetbeam BC10 in my van which is what i'm always in,i always take a light with me as well as having the one in my van so when i'm out & about i've always got 2 plus spare batteries of course

markr6

Flashaholic
Fenix PD32UE in the door compartment, Xeno E03 in center console and a junk Petzl headlamp with a blue tint in my emergency bag in the back.

Ishango

Enlightened
I keep a Varta Indestructible 2AA, Leatherman Monarch 300 and a SK68 clone in my car as a backup and loaner lights. The Indestructible is a nice backup for myself, the others are actually loaners. I always carry an EDC and a backup so I'm covered at all times. I've been meaning to upgrade, but haven't decided which of my lights I could miss if my car was broken into. I like each one of my lights and still use each one of them in my EDC rotation.

mhpreston

Enlightened
I've also started carrying a Nitecore I2 charger, batts and a cheapie digital multimeter in the boot. Figured I could charge on the move on longer trips. Does anyone else bother? Is in-car charging a bit unwise?

y260

Enlightened
I've also started carrying a Nitecore I2 charger, batts and a cheapie digital multimeter in the boot. Figured I could charge on the move on longer trips. Does anyone else bother? Is in-car charging a bit unwise?
I usually receive car-adapters with my chargers, but don't see the practicality with them. If my 18650 is needing a full recharge, that can take 6 to 7 hours. And if I'm stopping for gas, food, etc. I am terminating the current to the charger and that seems like it could improperly charge a battery.

I'll usually try to top up my 18650's before a trip.

cerbie

Enlightened
Inova X5. There's often some other random flashlight left in the car, but the X5 is my glove box light. It's a nice floody battery vampire, and my Malkoffs make it no longer needed elsewhere.