What's your car flashlight?

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Pelican 2AA Mitylite but im trying to find a good spot to mount a Surefire 8X. Imalost thinking of a Streamlight TT 1L.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
one 4 D cell mag with LED upgrade srtuffed between the drivers seat and console. A 4 d cell craftsman "maglike" stuffed betwwen the passangers seat and console.

Always have my trusty Arc-p on my car keys (not to mention my E1L with Kl4 head in my pocket and the Big Q-3 in my back pack lol)

Ohh ya, and a very low powered emergeny LED light in the trunk. I left it riunning for two days in the trunk by accident and it still gives out light!!!

Ya, I have a problem :)

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
you ALL have it wrong! :D

I carry a Princeton Tec Quad or EOS HEADLAMP... how many of you on a cold rainy night when you break down on the highway are going to change out your tire by trying to 'prop' your flashlight at just the right angle to change your tire... or try to check your oil with a flashlight in your mouth or in do the task one handed...

Using a headlamp will allow you to work in a dark environment without having to think about your flashlight... I keep a pack of sealed lithiums AAA's so that if the set I have in the headlamp goes out I have the best backups that money can buy... Even if those cells go out... any gas station in america will have AAA's... they won't always have 123A's...

These lights last a LONG time and provide plenty of light for any hands on task... while not being anoying... they are waterproof and impact resisant... and will aid if you need to walk from your vechile to a gas station miles away... You have your path perfectly illuminated while keeping your hands free... They have a blink mode built in as a warning beacon if your broke down (so cars can see you) while also having three levels of regulated light thats bright enough to walk around to being able to simply read a map...

This is a the light for a car...

p.s.

for my spotting I use a ROP HI 2" FM Bezel 2C 2x18650... but the headlamp is used much more :D

Last edited:

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I generally keep a Lightwave 4000 in the space between the door and the driver's seat. The 4000 has a nice wide pattern and a LONG runtime.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
In my glove box I have:

Eternalight ErgoMarine
Fenix L2P head on L1P body
LRI Proton

(It now occurs to me that I may want something with a little more throw in there).

I also have a red Photon Freedom clanking around in one of my cup holders.

dulridge

Enlightened
Single cell (123) TwinTask clone and one of these headlamps http://www.initiallights.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=53 in the glovebox. Plus whatever lights I have on my person. Every keyring I have has a fauxton on it and i usually have an Orb Raw on my person.

The headlamp leaves the hands free to change the wheel. This would, however, assume that there were a spare in the car... Must get one some time.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not leave a light in the car. I have my EDC. I usually get my backpack for longer rides, with a big assortment of lights, tools and emergency accessories. I have packed an Inova 24/7 with the magnet holder specifically for car emergencies.

Mad1

Enlightened
L1T and a G2 in the glovebox, plus some spare batteries.

I also EDC an L1

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Let's see... I have a Lightwave 4000, PT Tec 40, TigerLight, Titian headlamp, and various key chain button cell lights.

Since I never break down or have flat tires, I have to invent ways to use my vehicle lights... :) (knock on wood... several times...).

Tom

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've got four cars, I could be driving any one of them on any given day. They all have the same types of lights in them though. Each car has in its glovebox a 2-123 lithium cell incan light for when I need lots of light (either a Brinkmann Legend or a SF G2) and 2-AA lithium powered MiniMag with an LED drop-in for longer runtime when less light is needed.

-Keith

cdosrun

Enlightened
Mag 6D under the mat in the passenger footwell, MiniMag + Opalec New Beam in the glove compartment and a 3 Million CP spotlight in the boot + the normal ones in my pockets.

I normally use the 6D first, but haven't had to in some time.

Andrew

pmsar35

Newly Enlightened
A Surefire E2e with adapter to allow use of a 6P head and P61 bulb, spare CR123's in a Surefire SC-1 spares case, a UK 4C incandescent and whatever I'm EDC'ing, currently a McLux III - PD.

My wife's car has a 3 D-cell Maglite and a small 3 LED light...hmm, I'm going to have to upgrade her lights <g>!

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
coleman 2D with SMJLED. I prefer cold plastic/rubber over aluminum in the winter months.

benighted

Enlightened
I keep my C3 centurioin in the glove box and a Pelican 1010 case with batteries and spare G90 lamp in the pocket behind the seat.

Coop57

Enlightened
A Mag 3D Led and it seconds as a persauder. And a SL 4A Luxeon LED for awesome throw. Almost forgot -a dorcy AAA for map reading.

bitslammer

Enlightened
Inova 24/7 for both the car and ESPECIALLY the motorcycle. I usualy have more in my laptop case etc., but I love the Inova specifically for vehichles. If you break down on a motorcycle it nice to know that you can magnetic clamp that wonderfull strobe and make sure you're seen. I also has the joy of loosing a headlihgt once on my 1972 Honda. Inova 24/7 securely clamped to handlebars and I have a respectable low throw headlight for the 20 minute ride home.

Latest posts