What's your car flashlight?

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I keep a Nuwai 2xCR123 3W 2-level LED light in an insulated snack-sized container, velcroed to the floor between the front seats of my van.
Plus whatever I EDC, plus whatever is in any bags, cases or jackets along for the ride. Plus I sometimes throw in a Nuwai 3xC 3W 3-level plus strobe LED light for good measure.
I am going to add a headlight... I should have been doing that already even though some of my smaller EDC lights can be clipped onto collars or hat brims.

BGater

Enlightened
Pickup has a 3D Mag LED in snap out clips on the back of the cab, and a Civictor with Lith batt in the glove box. Car has a 2D Mag LED under the pass seat and a Civictor with Lith in the glove box. I have tons of these Civictors, built like a tank, simple on/off twist and with Lith battery no worries for years. I have them stuffed everywhere, tractors, tool boxes in the garage, night stands, one on the coffee table in a lead crystal dish in the liv room, ect. I also keep an extra set of batts for all in each vehicle. You never know when you will away from home and need some good light.

My brother in laws apartment caught fire a few weeks ago. A call came to the cell phone we all went straight there, no time to go home and get "equipment". About 20 of us started packing what was left up and hauling it to a cleaning/storage unit, it soon got dark and I went to my wifes car and my truck and came back with enough light to turn the apartment into day. I also had an L1D on my belt and the wife had another Civictor in her purse. Nobody else had a light with them. My in laws didnt even own a flashlight to use at the apartment. We have them all setup in a home now and im taking care of that light problem they have, LED style ! The fire fighters stopped back by that evening to see how things were going, and all the guys were checking out the lights. "Hey, look at this one....lemme see that.....turn that one off so I can check this beam out......Holy S**t". LOL :crackup: .

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
ProPoly 4AA Lux (stocked with lithiums for long/reliable storage). These have good output plus reasonable runtime, are very tough, plus I like the idea of the pressure relief valve in a light stored in the car due to the huge temperature variations.

Inova 24/7 (including headband and magnetic mount) is usually there as well.

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
My current car flashlight is a regular 2aa minimaglite and it always ride in the glove box. I'm planning on upgrading it to a cheapish 1or2xCR123A light, mayble a G2 with cree drop in.

bullterrier

Enlightened
In my glove box I have:

Glo-Toob FX with one of those plastic triangles and the old version X0s, UK2L and 2AA lithium powered MiniMag with an LED drop-in and niteize IQ Switch for longer runtime when less light is needed.

sorry fore my english im from sweden

Monocrom

Flashaholic
An inexpensive, inca, completely rubber-coated, Duracell 2AA model w/ a lanyard cord. Purchased for a few bucks at Duane Reade.

Why such an inexpensive light when I have others that are much more expensive and brighter too? It's because I carry those lights on me. I don't let others drive my car, so the Duracell is actually a back-up light to the ones I have on me. Also, the light fits in both my glove compartment, and in my center console. But another main reason is because the all-rubber coating means the barrel won't freeze in the Winter, or heat up in the Summer.

KingGlamis

Banned
Mag 4D with 4D MagLED bulb. No big loss if someone steals it.....

Same here, but I also always have my Streamlight Twin-Task 2L in my pocket, and I normally have one of my DeWalt 18V flex-head work lights in the truck too (great for tire changes or break downs).

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
I keep an ultrafire c2 in my briefcase and an sl keymate on my keychain, so when im driving i'll at least have the keymate, but the light that never leaves the car is a spotlight with a built-in toolkit (hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, hex wrenches). it's got a flashmode, siren, and radio. also, it's powered strictly off the 12v cigarette lighter adapter...no batteries to leak or explode...pretty awesome for a gift from a christmas party...

Learjet

Enlightened
I use the built in overhead car lights.

What happens if the car battery goes dead?

In the glove box I have a 4AA 10 LED. There's a 12V light built into the tyre pump driven by cigarette lighter socket but if battery goes dead it won't work.

An Ultrafire WF-602D1 usually comes along for a ride also.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I HAD a Maxfire with a DX Cree surgically implanted in my truck, but Dad needed something good for his.

So I guess my G2 with DX Cree is going in my truck.

I'll just keep my G2/KL3 "Chop"ed here on my desk instead.

Those two aren't my only lights by any stretch, but have been USED more than any others since I got the DX Crees!!!

CLHC

Flashaholic
In my F-150 as of late:

MagCharger.60
Mag.LED
StreamLight.4AA.ProPolymer.Lux
Bayco.SLR-9000

That's all folks!

jayhackett03

Enlightened
right now its a Mag 4D just because i've been too lazy to take it out of my truck and put it on my shelf. My truck light is my Fenix in my left pants pocket. My P3D just came today! so, i'll be carrying it from now on.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Worried about that Maglite under your seat rolling around and getting dented, scratched, and nasty? Try this:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/167974
Or, keep it inside of an old sock. You know, one of the many you accumulate that lost it's match in the sock-stealing dryer. BTW, I keep a MagLED 2D and an Inova X1 gen 2 or X5 gen 2 in my car.