What's your current EDC?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been carrying my newly acquired A2-WH for the past few days, and think I will for awhile...this is especially a nice nighttime EDC...just enough LED light for night-time tasks, with a nice blast of Incan goodness when ya need it...this really is one of the whitest incan's I've seen. Oh, and my other EDC is still my 6Z(R) w/ M60F...6Z with an A19 and A20 adatper so it can run off a B65, 3 primaries, 2 RCR's, 2 Primaries, and 2 AA's if needed.

elwood

Newly Enlightened
Don't laugh; Romisen RC-G2 II. :eek: Been carrying it with me at work every night since i got it almost a month ago with no problems. Since then a few people have asked where to get one. I'm sure it's brought Shiningbeam a few more customers! :sssh:

I'm ready for a D10, Quark AA or something similar though. lovecpf

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was using the Fenix P1D CE Q5, but for reasons of battery I started to use the Nitecore D10 GDP.

Recently I bought a Surefire E1e and will use it now as EDC.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Carried my Nitecore D10 today for old time's sake as it is one of my most carried lights that I haven't carried much lately ever since getting my titanium body EX10

Desertrat

Newly Enlightened
Right now in my Timbuk2 bag is a SF G2 with LED dropin, my nightstand lights are a G2Z with a Solarforce R2 dropin, a 6P with a SF P61 and a Lightsaver LED with the strobe feature.

NE450No2

Enlightened
My EDC around my place is mostly my SF E1e. A few days ago I put a LF HO E1A bulb in it. I like the new bulb.

Whenever I leave the house, and sometimes around the place I carry my A2 Aviator, with LED's.

When I travel, in my carryon bag/motel bag I have 2 SF Spares Carriers with extra batteries and bulbs for BOTH.

I also carry what ever "lights" and extra bulbs/batteries are required for my trip.

I like the E1e as an EDC because it is so small, but IF I could have only one light it would be the A2 because of its dual output.

The LED's are just right for low light use, and last a long time, the 50 Incandescent, Regulated lumens, are plenty bright enough for "personal" use, with excellent color and depth perception, which is important to me, the way/need I use a light...

Also lately, round my place I have been using a G2LED as a Vampire to navigate from my Man Cave, to the bedroom and "round the house generally."

After 123 Primaries will not light up my Incandescents, they will still light up the SF P60L.

I have been using/carrying the E1e/A2Aviator combo for several years, and for "personal" lights I find them near perfect.

PS. a few days ago I put a LF HO A2 lamp in my A2 and it has made my favorite flashlight even better, IMHO.

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
EDC on me:
-SL Strion Xenon
-SF G2L

Daypack:
-Inova X5
-SF G2 w/P60
-Energizer 2AAA LED
-River Rock 6W LED Headlamp
-Maglite 6D w/Terrulux

Car:
-Maglite Rechargable (soon to be house light)

SL Ultra Stinger is enroute! =+)

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading posts and checking out reviews of all the cool flashlights here for awhile. Some of the reviews are just awsome and I hope that I can contribute something that someone finds interesting. :wave:

As for my EDC, I usually carry 2 flashlights. 1 small light on my keychain and 1 larger light. Carrying the larger light sometimes requires me to modify my clothing in some way, wear a vest or I am wearing a jacket.

Below is a picture showing my upgrading of lights over the years. In the rear row, from left to right, 1st the classic mini-mag using 2 AAA's, then I moved up to the mini-mag using 2 AA's. I wanted more candlepower so I bought the Surefire 8x. A guy at work bought a Brinkmann MaxFire LX and I liked the rubber coating and light output, so I bought one. I was training my dog to track and wanted a beam with a longer throw and a good grip. The Surefire 8x was always to slippery for me, so I then bought the Streamlight TL-3. I bought the E2D LED Defender next, just because it looked so cool and I wanted to try a led light. I used my flashlights so much I kept burning out the bulbs, so a bulb that lasted for years sounded great. Yesterday I bought the Surefire LX2, I like the E2D but it keeps tearing up my pockets.

In the front row, there is another classic, the Maglight Solitaire. I replaced it with the Princeton Impulse, which had more candlepower but kept turning itself on in my pocket. My next keychain light, the Fenix P1D, just blew me away!!! I could not believe the power of that little light. I liked the P1D, but didn't want to carry it out of it's holster and scratch it. My solution to having my cake and eat it too, is the Fenix LD01. Yeah it scratches, but at least the anodizing doesn't wear off. It's built like a mini-tank and has great light output.

EDC_Flashlights_3.jpg

fareast

Enlightened
in my pocket: a neutral Raw SS 200/20
on the keyring: NEX SS Crenelated
for fun: a neutral Wee NS
on it's way to play with: 85T>P

edit:

me::ohgeez:
BadBulb4U :welcome: with a photo to boot!

Last edited:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Only one light one me right now as my EDC, thats my L2D.

If I wasn't trying to pack as light as possible I would also have my UF C3 SS with me as backup. As it is, I think I might have a Mag Solitaire tucked in my bag somewhere with my Swiss Army Knife as a bare minimum backup light. Once I get my L-Mini, the L2D might no longer be my top EDC light.. I'll have to wait and see.