What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

vioalas

Newly Enlightened
Right now I have a PM2 with custom aluminum scales, before that I was using a Strider sng for a really long time. Now I'm considering something smaller.

Dprichard

Newly Enlightened
Hinderer 3" flipper slicer. Love it. By far my favorite EDC. Also, just fun to sit and flip :D

Rudrakabir

Newly Enlightened
Black spyderco salt 1 with a serrated edge. Cuts like a dream.

Use a sharpmaker to keep it in shape.

Kabir.

Gryffin

Enlightened
At this point in time, if I had to grab just *one* folder, it would be the ZT0650. Kinda big, but not that heavy, excellent ergonomics, awesome blade steel, and just feels like an extension of my hand.

If I really had to just pick one rig when THSHTF, tho, I'd grab my Bark River dual-sheath rig: Rivers Edge and Blackwater Boot Knife for moredelicate work. Not a helluva lot that pair can't handle.

I've also got a Bravo 1.5 rampless, and think a dual rig with my Pro Scalpel II would make a killer combo. Kinda like the current dually, but heavier duty. Ya never know when ya might need to field-dress a Buick.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was a Benchmade Mini-Griptillian that I loved. I want a full size.

Then it was a Kershaw Blur that I used as a work horse. I tried to kill it. It died.

Now it's a Zero Tolerance 0350 tiger stripe.

The next one will either be a BM or another ZT. I've had many a knife guy hold my 0350 and they were all blown away at the lockup and feel of the knife. One particular guy at my last job literally made me give it to him every time we saw each other because he couldn't get over how it felt in his hand.

Besides what everyone else has to say, it's been the best knife I've ever owned. I would buy 10 more.

Best pic you're going to get at the moment:

IMG_20130513_173155_885_zpsc650f27d.jpg

odog83

Newly Enlightened
img_40581.jpg

My actual EDC-rotation:
Raw NS, Raw Ti, Aeon Mk. II, Small Sebenza 21 Diamond Plate, Small Sebenza 21 Insingo, Umnumzaan, XM-18 3,5" Spanto

They rotate in my pocket daily. But if I had to choose just one of the knives, I think I would go for the Umnumzaan. It has the perfect size for my regular EDC-purposes, carries very slim in the pocket an slices as hell...;) Together with the Muyshondt Aeon Mk. II it's an unbeatable EDC-combo that handles nearly every task I can imagine (at least in my sub-urban area)...

But I would miss the other ones very badly. That's for sure!!

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hunting: ESEE 4
Camping: Leatherman Wingman
EDC: Buck Vantage

david57strat

Enlightened
I can't say that I have just one go-to knife. With knives, as with flashlights (I EDC eight of those), I like to have options. While it's a pain in the neck, transfering all that stuff over to the next set of clothing (usually cargo shorts), every day, and while it sometimes feels like it weighs a ton, it's worth it, for me. But I have to admit, the knive I probably pull the most (while in a crowded, public place), just to avoid the intimidation factor for non-EDCers (and non-knife people, in general, i.e., most people out there), would be the smaller blade of the Champion Plus. It's very un-assuming, but effective for most small tasks. I live in an urban environment, so I try to be low-key, when pulling a knife (for whatever purpose). If I have to do anything where I'm really hacking away at something, and I don't want the knife biting me, I use...well, pretty much any other knife than the Champion Plus. Even the little Kershaw has a locking blade on it.

I've recently added one knife (the SOG) to the EDC bunch. So - as of a few days ago, it's these six (Two - belt-carried; four - pocket-carried):

1. SOG Spec Elite 1
  2. Buck 110
  3. Spyderco Manix 2
  4. Victorinox Sentinel locking folder
  5. Victorinox Champion Plus
  6. Kershaw Chive

Well - between these, and all the lights I EDC, I officially suffer from SPS (Squirrel Pocket Syndrome) lol.

I need an EDC Bag...!

Last edited:

cbxer55

Enlightened
Two Spyderco Military's, one a left-hand variant with natural blade, the other an all black right-hand variant.
Flashlight's are currently a Fenix P1D-CE and a Quark Burst Mode QP2L-X.
Multi Tool is a Leatherman Charge TI.
Handgun a Kimber CDP II in .45 ACP.

In these pics, the EDC's are the two newer Millies. The one on the left is an old one purchased in 96. I still use it as well, in place of the all black right-hander.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I need to carry a knife, I roll with my Kershaw Blur serrated. I LOVE this knife.

However, most of the time (when outdoors), I'll carry my Leatherman Wingman. Love that multitool, and a great bargain at around $22 online.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
Due to the draconian knife laws in the U.K. I EDC a Spyderco Grasshopper, under 3" non locking.
When I can justify it and around the house my carry - go to knives are currently -

Enlan EL-01D Rosewood scaled version of the EL-01

el04d1_zpsacffb079.jpg

Enlan EL04 MCT Micarta scales

3f4bc03f-7fc7-462e-a4aa-22e426f26a29_zpseca4c96d.jpg

or more recently a Ganzo G-712

ganzo712_zpsb6d79c42.jpg

Cheap compared to some or inexpensive is a better word to use, they are all good quality.

This has replaced the Spyderco Grasshopper as my "out and about|" EDC. So much better, easier to open, doesn't try tp nip my fingertips when closing. More slipjoints should be like this, under $10. Decorative but 440C steel and reliable to stay open.

Omuda3922_1_zps06793fd3.jpg

A SanRenMu has found a place in my pocket for Home Carry.
srm7046ltelkr1_zps2ede043f.jpg

Unusual but a very capable knife.
srm7046ltelkr2_zpsb0bcd092.jpg

srm7046ltelkr5_zps5458b0ed.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts