What's your ideal watch?

Colorblinded

Enlightened
I've been wearing a titanium Wenger since high school.

watch.jpg

Ideal? Not really but it has served me well and the titanium case & bracelet have definitely proven to be ideal IMO.

Stryker1775

Newly Enlightened
Been wearing a custom MKII Blackwater for several years.

Just switched to the MKII Paradive.

Nothing better to me than a MKII custom watch!

stockae92

Enlightened
I love my Oris Titan "C" it is my most treasured watch ....

DimeRazorback, that's the 47mm version, right? how does it wear on the wrist? what's your wrist size?

i tried on some 44mm Oris and they seems to wear smaller than the size would suggest. but 47mm sounds huge.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is the 47mm version.

My wrist size is about 7.125" if I recall correctly.
I will re-measure on the weekend for you.

They do appear smaller, as the width is taken from the widest part of the case. As you can see in my pics, the case shape tends to belly out towards the bottom, hence why the face appears smaller than the quoted sizing.

47mm does sound huge, but I would definitely recommend one over the 44mm versions (unless you have really thin wrists).

Although it is a rather large watch, I don't get very many comments on how big it is. It is very comfortable and extremely light for it's size!

:)

sappyg

Enlightened
my ideal watch is light weight, cheap, accurate, and versatile. G shocks come close to this and likely win by default. these i wear 90% of the time. i can assure you they are not babied.

ideally i would have some omegas and a couple of rollies but to me they are not ideal for my lifestyle or checkbook.

DW-5600E
watch178.jpg

G-9000 mudman
watch038.jpg

DW-6600
watch080.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
DimeRazorback- that is one handsome watch! I have to admit I'm not familiar with the Oris watches but Google will help me in a moment.

I love my Oris Titan "C" it is my most treasured watch, and hopefully in the near future I can get the Oris Titan Chrono :D

There is just something I love about Oris watches. The size, shape, saphire crystal, titanium, automatic... it's all just me really.

As my beater I rotate between either my G-Shock G-7710, or my Seiko Orange Monster.
I use my G-Shock when I want 24hour time, day, date and month immediately available to me, to save me from having to think or count.

Here is some eye candy :D

P3173364.jpg

P3173366.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
The most frequently worn for work and play is the Casio G-Shock Mudman. This watch is the toughest to date. It's seen a lot of wear and tear.

Last edited:

DLF

Newly Enlightened
I don't wear a watch when working. On a daily basis I wear my Tissot PRS-200. I absolutely love the look of this watch, I just wish it were a bit bigger. Evening outings I wear my grandfathers Longines.
I wear a very similar and similarly sized Tissot, precisely because I have such spindly thin wrists (~6 in.). If I had the money right now, I'd jump at that Omega Co-Axial as well. Elegant engineering. But they don't offer it in a "reduced" size case.

Last edited:

Max

Enlightened
This one always turns my head. Mirror shine, really heavy and virtually scratch proof tungsten carbide. The non-chrono versions are really nice too.

Swiss Legend Tungsten Chronograph
2059_290.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic
I used to be kind of a watch buff... I hung around timezone.com and admired all kinds of high end watches, though I never actually bought any. I wore various Casio digital watches and a Luminox analog quartz watch with tritium markers. I haven't worn a wristwatch in a couple years though, mostly because the straps kept breaking. I just use my cell phone display to see what time it is.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two ideal watches-
G-shock ultimate pathfinder (solar, always on time, lots of goodies, TOUGH)
Seiko SBDX001-this is an automatic watch, and is good to have for A)fancy occasions and B)the apocalypse. The G-shock, though rechargeable, needs its batteries replaced every few years. The seiko never will.

Then there's the one I'm wearing right now (not so ideal, but still good), a g-shock DW6900 IIRC, and I wouldn't mind one of those new 430mhz wireless watched from TI (just to experiment with).