What's your Sci-Fi / Fantasy EDC?

Pummy

Newly Enlightened
I am surprised no one has said the Iron Man suit yet. It would have to be that suit, but more EDC'able combined with Predator Technology, including shields and a portable transporter unit too, integrated into the Iron Man suit of course.

LightCannon

Enlightened
Wow, many Star Wars fans and Trekkies....

As for me, I'd take a MJOLNIR Mk VI from the Halo universe, combined with the plasma sword (I think it has a better cutting edge, and is about the same size as the lightsaber.)

Integrated helmet lights, environment/space-proof, AND I get a rechargeable shield as a bonus. Did I mention it also amplifies my strength? And that it has a nuclear battery?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a fighting suit from Joe Haldeman's 'Forever War'. Complete environmental suit - strength of twenty men - laser gun in one of the fingers, on board communications, power plant, various options including infra red and radar etc. and what's more it will chop off a damaged limb and anaesthatise and cauterize the stump, before sending a rescue beacon.

Mmmmmm...

Maybe a Ra clicky isn't so bad after all.

Qoose

Enlightened
A couple of items.

Anyone remember the old cartoon series 'Reboot'? Well, a few people had keytools, and the were the best EDC you could imagine. Flashlight, multitool, chainsaw...

Powered hoverboard. Not that wimpy one in back to the future. I want ones Iron man caliber, but in a 1/4" stylish plank.

Some sort of defense shield wouldn't hurt either, shield emitter from Halo or any rapidly recharging environmental protection style energy barrier.

Last, Portal Gun. For Funsies.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
After enjoying some of the latest episodes of Dr Who all in a row I'm going to have to add (don't know what it's called) the "Timelord multitool". At various times he's called it a screwdriver, wrench, and other common names. Sort of resembles a lightsaber. Does anything the show's writers can imagine I suppose. In any case I WANT one.

Last edited:

mwaldron

Enlightened
After enjoying some of the latest episodes of Dr Who all in a row I'm going to have to add (don't know what it's called) the "Timelord multitool". At various times he's called it a screwdriver, wrench, and other common names. Sort of resembles a lightsaber. Does anything the show's writers can imagine I suppose. In any case I WANT one.

The Dr carries a Sonic Screwdriver.

Or the Master's is a Laser Screwdriver.

There are various replicas of the Sonic Screwdriver, and I keep waiting to see one turn up here modded with a quad-core mc-e...

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I'd go for a suit of Mandalorian combat armour, preferably equipped along the lines of Boba Fett's. Add to that a lightsaber, dual phase like Corran Horn's.

To complete my EDC, I'd like to have the Force; it would be nice to have the raw power of someone like Kyp Durron, but I'd probably rather have the ability of Corran Horn to absorb a lot of energy. He deals with pain quite well, but I would want to have some better telekinesis skills thrown in there too...

The One Ring could be great with being able to go invisible, but it has far too much baggage attached to it.

Nubo

Enlightened
I'd like a light that would be an implant, and powered by my my body's metabolic processes. It would be the ultimate EDC -- you would never forget it! Hopefully, cosmetic issues could be addressed, making it inconspicuous. I'm thinking a forehead location would be ideal. And if it could be scaled to sufficient power, say 10 watts or more, then it would be a great way to lose weight! :)

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
Seeing as the idea of EDC is that you can Carry it, I am going to ignore exo suits and robots that follow you. Lets be frank, you could hardly walk into bank like that ;)

my knowledge of sci-fi is limited - but there are two must haves...

• First is the Sonic Screwdriver - the embodiment of a sci-fi SAK. And if we are going to go all out we might as well have a Laser Screwdriver, Sonic Pen and a Laser Spanner. (Doctor Who)
  • Second is the Lightsaber - follow that link, I honestly didn't know there were that many varients in design. - I will take an underwater, dual phase variant. (Star Wars)
We can also add

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
A phaser and a communicator. That's all you need to explore the final frontier and meet hot babes. Just don't wear a red shirt.

:DGrew up watching the men in red get killed off like a bunch of Kenny's from South Park.
You always new what was coming when the new guys with the red shirts showed up.

I'm opting for an endless clip of mini photon torpedos for the .38 Super.
Would be much cheaper than feeding it these days too.

Add in a tricorder & a lightsaber to that kit.

Oh, & a klingon personal cloaking device...