What's your Sci-Fi / Fantasy EDC?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait! Everyone needs a Tardis, if not, "you will be assimilated!"
moviedaleks1l.jpg

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tolkien's One Ring to rule them all.
Michael Moorcock's black sword, Stormbringer.
Tsugumi Oba's "Death Note" notebook.
Oh.. and maybe that cool sniper rifle from Deep Space 9.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies. :devil:

Last edited:

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
phaser was the first application of infinate beam adjustment I recall seeing.
Solder a wire, cut threw an armored door, optional 'stun' setting, or vaporize? wow.
A set of jet boots wouldn't be so bad either.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... Since we seem to be moving into the realm of science fiction... I would have to say R2D2. That little trash can seemed to have every useful gadget needed built right in.

Oh, and a Ra Clicky... With a multi color LED capable of producing 1000 lumens, and a nuclear battery that could produce enough energy to do that for 24,000 hours (continuous).

ducat

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the slaver variable sword and flashlight laser from Ringworld!:devil:

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Mine:
Long-range
(not really EDC-able, but)
The Moonraker Laser (from Moonraker(1979))
If you want a smaller, more EDC-able gun then either
Ronon's Gun (Stargate Atlantis) or the Zat (Stargate series, mainly SG1 but appeared on Atlantis couple of times)

But, put another vote in for the lightsaber.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome!!

:laughing:
Ah yes, Cestus III. That was actually a western fort setup at Vasquez Rocks (for exact location of fort site see Google Maps N34 29.092 W118 18.681) You can also see it featured in several episodes of The Wild Wild West. It was in bad shape and finally removed by the late 60's.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one has mentioned it yet so I'll throw it out there... for a firearm I'd take a Lawgiver Mk IX from "Judge Dredd". You use voice commands to tell it which of six kinds of bullet to shoot; armor piercing, flechette, tracer, homing, incendiary, or anti-personnel.

Hand to hand weapon; Lightsaber, enough said.

Light; one of those hand held things they used in ST:TNG, but it would run on 2xAA, output 1000 lumens, be the size of a deck of cards, and have a fusion cell in it so it would last for decades.

That's all I can think of for now... Yeah, I know... not much imagination going on right here right now...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one has mentioned it yet so I'll throw it out there... for a firearm I'd take a Lawgiver Mk IX from "Judge Dredd". You use voice commands to tell it which of six kinds of bullet to shoot; armor piercing, flechette, tracer, homing, incendiary, or anti-personnel.

Always felt that the Lawgiver was a complete rip off from the 'Logan's Run' novels. The gun that the sandman uses has six types of shell: Needler, Nitro, Tangler, Ripper, Vapor and Homer. The gun also exploded if anyone other than its owner attempts to use it.

In Judge Dredd ( Which I love BTW ) The Lawgiver had many similar charges - I think they renamed the Homer as a Seeker bullet( a bullet which you can't run away from as it will follow your heat signature - like in the Tom Selleck movie 'Runaway'). It also would explode if the wrong person picked it up.

Always wondered, even as a kid, why the novel's authors didn't sue 2000AD for copyright infringement over that.

Run Runner! RUN!!

Lord Bear

Enlightened
I originally thought lightsaber. Then OAn power ring. But ultimately I'll settle for the Silver Surfer's Cosmic Surfboard. Best way to see the cosmos and not run out of power.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
A flashlight laser, what else? Although I suspect only fans of Larry Niven can ID that.