Where to get a good deal on genuine Eneloops?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly my point, none, we can't make a quality rechargeable consumer cells in USA nor we can even sell imports for affordable price, it takes a Japanese manufacturer, and Swedish furniture store to bring them to US customer. Now, THAT is what really bugs me. How did we get there?
I'm sure that quality rechargeable consumer cells can be manufactured in the USA, if the economic and regulatory conditions permit. I better not go further into this for obvious reasons. You asked a very dangerous question, and if you do a little research you will discover the answer, I'm sure.

HoodlumCircus

Newly Enlightened
Why even bother buying some import junk anyway, buy an American made batteries.
I used to be in this train of thought when it comes to flashlights, but as it turns out there are plenty of Chinese lights of equal or superior quality to American-made for a fraction of the price. Acebeam? Emisar? Sofirn? US-made price to quality ratio is laughable.
My Lumintop lives in my pocket, my Surefire lives on the shelf.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be in this train of thought when it comes to flashlights, but as it turns out there are plenty of Chinese lights of equal or superior quality to American-made for a fraction of the price. Acebeam? Emisar? Sofirn? US-made price to quality ratio is laughable.
Of course the Chinese (PRC) lights are cheaper, that is how you conduct economic warfare--you flood your enemy's country with much cheaper imports to destroy their manufacturing industry, and bleed their wealth from them and into your nation. The question one has to ask themselves is are you going to collaborate with the enemy or be loyal to your own nation?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea, pretty much, can't disagree here, it was a sarcastic post,

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm sorry, but no. I have lights from numerous Made in China brands (back when I thought country of origin didn't really matter), as well as American brands. You want quality that approaches SureFire? Fenix and Olight. That's literally it. Speaking from experience. Bright and cheap is a trick literally any brand can pull off. You don't get quality or durability tossed in for free. Part of that higher price-tag with Made in USA is a better standard of living for the workers who assemble those lights.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, but no. I have lights from numerous Made in China brands (back when I thought country of origin didn't really matter), as well as American brands. You want quality that approaches SureFire? Fenix and Olight. That's literally it. Speaking from experience. Bright and cheap is a trick literally any brand can pull off. You don't get quality or durability tossed in for free. Part of that higher price-tag with Made in USA is a better standard of living for the workers who assemble those lights.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm strongly biased towards US and European lights.

That said there are some Chinese light companies that I hold in high regards. Reylight/Wuban and Fenix for starters and Nitecore even.

You can't blame China if they sell cheap products. It is the consumer's fault for wanting shoddy goods or being too cheap to pay for labour that gets paid a decent wage.

Why don't I see people on here discussing European brands of lights?

Why don't Europeans talk about where to buy cheap Varta Germany or Duracell/Panasonic Belgium batteries?

There are a lot of brands you hear about on here that aren't being discussed that are made in USA or EU.

I think we should choose better lights.

With this said if I'm short on time and can't properly research a light I'll buy Fenix because I can count on the quality. I also really think Rey is a swell guy that makes great lights. I chose him over Peak recently, although I'm getting a Peak soon.

It should also be said that USA makes some low quality lights. When I was first on here there was some Eveready lights that were new for like under $2 or $3 at Foodland that I bought some of. A classic 2xD incan light of more recent manufacture. There are also crappy medical penlights and other stuff like Fulton that costs a lot and does little.

Eventually I want to have at least a light from every current American and European manufacturer and I feel other flashaholics should support these companies too.

Now I am bothered that when I buy a US light the proprietary battery is made in China, or the sheath, or the electronics, or the charger but it is all it isn't like I have much of a choice. Somedays I'm doing good to get a French battery or a Japanese one.

Lastly I had a thought recently if I had to choose between cheap Chinese Amazon lights or Dorcy, Coast, Nebo, and the like I wouldn't even be a flashaholic. I'd probably be into watches instead. If people don't support the better brands this will be our future. The crappy brands are showing up for sale all over and outdoors type people and professional types are buying these in place of better stuff. This isn't a good trend.