Which compact light gives extremely long runtimes on a low lumen setting

JKincaid

Newly Enlightened
You guys are certainly giving me a lot to think about. I like the sound of the specs on the Zebralight Sc60- I'll also check out the Thrunite Nuetron 1A. It sounds like between these lights and a Quark A or AA I probably can't go wrong- just need to make a decision. I'm really going to have to do a runtime test on my HDS twisty on low and see how long it will run. The problem is I use the light all the time so it's kind of hard to free it up that long- perhaps when I get my new light I can test the HDS (I'll be sure to post the results).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The low setting on the iTP A2 EOS and its twin from County Comm (Maratac AA model) is very impressive, while giving off a very useful amount of light on Low. I like it enough that I tossed the Maratac version into my BOB as my long-runtime light.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see no real need to not charge often. I hate leaving home with <90% charged Li-Ion. :cool:
G27

Agreed. Just as part of my daily routine, I pop a fresh cell (usually 14500) into my SC50w+ every morning as part of my getting ready routine. I like knowing that I've always got a full charge in my light when I head out the door, and I carry a 4xAA powerpax in my cycling bag with 3xL91 and 1x14500 in it for backup. Even so, and when running on a 14500 which has lower run times than an eneloop or L91, I rarely have to use a backup cell.

JKincaid

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to add an another element to my original question of longest runtimes. Is there a particular flashlight that has an insanely long runtime and is also noted for it's durability? Something that originally drew me to my first high end flashlight, an Arc AAA, and my next one, the HDS Twisty, was their reported bombproof qualities. So what do you guys think- What's going to run forever and stand up to some accidental trips through the washing machine?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add an another element to my original question of longest runtimes. Is there a particular flashlight that has an insanely long runtime and is also noted for it's durability? Something that originally drew me to my first high end flashlight, an Arc AAA, and my next one, the HDS Twisty, was their reported bombproof qualities. So what do you guys think- What's going to run forever and stand up to some accidental trips through the washing machine?

Surefire E2L...100 hours on low, and tough as nails...