Who did/will/won't purchase a Fenix T1?

Have you/will you purchase the Fenix T1

• I have already placed an order.

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • I will likely purchase it later.

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • I will look at the reviews and then decide.

Votes: 66 28.2%
  • I probably will not buy it.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • No, I will not buy this light.

Votes: 59 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's one of the ugliest light's I've ever seen! :shakehead The tail design is that old style 3 prong design, that reminds me of some 70's space ship design. LOL :whistle:

You are SO wrong and should say you are sorry. It is much more of the 90's Starship Trooper design than anything from the 70's:laughing:

From Monocrom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobStar
This looks like a great little surefire killer, for $70 !! Already pre-ordered it, I expect it will be as good as my other Fenix lights.

In that case, it's not going to be much of a Surefire killer. ;)

I don't know... I keep coming up with the money to buy a 6pl, but something cooler always keeps coming out to make me spend my money elsewhere.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't know... I keep coming up with the money to buy a 6PL, but something cooler always keeps coming out to make me spend my money elsewhere.

I'm not surprised!

It's a tough-as-nails, reliable-as-Hell, light.... But it's not very cool looking. :whistle:

RobStar

Newly Enlightened
The T1 looks like a super model compared to the HDS... that thing is fugly, and looks like it was made in a basement?!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thoughts..

1. I like the looks of the pocket clip. Is it replaceable if it gets bent?

2. I also hate the look of the tail switch.

3. I like that you operate the head to adjust the brightness level instead of having to click through modes.

4. At $73 it is about the same price as a Sure-Fire 6PL. Sure-Fire is USA made and higher quality, with Fenix you're donating to the PRC Red Army build-up :eek:oo: but you get one of the latest emitters.

5. I like the stainless steel bezel, should eliminate those darn finish chips we're all used to seeing on the heads of our flashlights. HAIII Nat finish and smooth reflector is great too. I'm not sure about a glass lens on a tactical light, but pyrex can break too.

6. It almost looks like it has a type of P60 drop-in, though I wouldn't think that would be the case, since it uses the bezel twist to adjust brightness.

Personally, I think I am alot better off for the money with a BOG Q5 drop-in and a 6P.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I'm looking forward to endless Surefire vs Fenix religious wars, I'm not a fan of the CR123A/etc form factor. I'll stick to the NiMH AA Fenix lights.

Noxonomus

Newly Enlightened
I will wait for the reviews before I make any definitive decisions on the light (and thats what I voted) but at this point I don't think it is the right light for me. I think thats going to be true of a lot of people tough this is a light for people who need a lot of brightness and durability, but who aren't so concerned about the size as long as its not enormous. I think that I would be better served by some thing along the lines of a P2T.

1 what

Enlightened
Can not resist....Have just ordered 1 for me and 1 for a Xmas gift. If I wait for the R bin (or whatever, there will be an advance on that about 2 monthe later ...and so on, and so on (remember when a 4MB harddrive was more than enough).

wishywashy7

Enlightened
I was just thinking, with the three-pronged tailcap AND the pocketclip, wouldn't would you need to hold it a certain way or "index" it to hold it comfortably? I believe somebody voiced out a similar possible complaint?
:popcorn:I wish they put the crenellations/prongs in the bezel, there was nothing wrong with the previous tailcap design.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get the comments that this light offers nothing new in the Fenix line. It seems to offer a lot that is new - tactical and tough design, and better/higher outputs and runtimes with the Q5 bin. And the reflector is also new, with a (claimed) ability to put light out to 200m. And there is battery polarity protection. I think these features are all new and worthy of consideration.

To me it actually looks hot and the styling is very innovative. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I can see why some might react negatively. But what's wrong with a "sci-fi" look? Would a "retro" look be better? (if you like your flashlight to look like a hammer, there is a new flashlight coming out that will fit the bill perfectly! :laughing: I think many here can figure out which one I'm thinking of!)

Still, for the price, the T1 outdoes its own line Fenix competitors, and plenty of other brands who vie for the same market.

I'm definitely thinking of getting one as I find that my Lumapower M1 (which shares the 2xCR123A formfactor) is so popular that it is finding plenty of use...by others! so there is space for me to use another 2xCR123A formfactor flashlight.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in the "it's too expensive as a novelty item and I don't collect Fenix lights" group.

-Medina