Who has the modded Wolf Eyes M90-13V through Pacific Tactical Supply?

shoe

Newly Enlightened
I took my chances and ordered my Li Ions through AW. Came though FAST with no problems. 3 days from H. K. to T.O.

BUZ

Enlightened
My M90x that's been fitted with a 9.0v D36 and two of AW's 18650 cells seems every bit as bright as the WE's 13v setup! The output from the 9.0v d36 is awesome and the beam is pure white!

BTW Mike@PTS is an awesome seller, super fast shipping and answers emails within an hour or two! :thumbsup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my (departed) M90x 13v on a few night hikes and geocaches. The 13v bulb threw a white wall/ram of light. The light was intense; not throwy, but had the ability to illuminate near- and mid-distance targets clearly. It was amazing.

I then hooked up the 12v M100X turbo head (Mike @ PTS mentioned he handn't heard of any hotflashing, so I took the risk). WOW. This combination was at least as bright if not brighter. The throw was simply amazing; only my current HID is better. Plus the large spill was bright too, evenly lighting an area about 10-12' in diameter in front of me.

Zot

Enlightened
Chronos,
Did you get the 12v M100X turbo head seperately or from a complete M100X? I didn't see it offered seperately at PTS. Thanks.

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
BUZ said:
My M90x that's been fitted with a 9.0v D36 and two of AW's 18650 cells seems every bit as bright as the WE's 13v setup! The output from the 9.0v d36 is awesome and the beam is pure white!
Buz, your post is timely, for I'm deciding between an M90 and a Wolf Eyes 13V as my car light. The M90's advantage: It uses 168A cells, which I would love to standardize on as my ONLY cell type. and can be charged in a single charger. The 13V's advantage: lumens.

Which has the wider beam? How do the beam widths compare?

BUZ

Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Buz, your post is timely, for I'm deciding between an M90 and a Wolf Eyes 13V as my car light. The M90's advantage: It uses 168A cells, which I would love to standardize on as my ONLY cell type. and can be charged in a single charger. The 13V's advantage: lumens.

Which has the wider beam? How do the beam widths compare?

Paul the M90 with a 9v d36 and two 18650's is an awesome setup (extremely bright) and will save you some $$$$ if you go this route! Mike@pts will configure the M90 with a 9.0v d36 and if you don't already have 18650's + a dsd charger well there fairly inexpensive as I'm sure you know (total your looking @ around $100)! As far as beam widths they are very very close!

Oh and the best thing about the 9v d36 setup is the runtime, it's far better than the 13v and you get much more peak light outta each charge IMO! When the 13v has gone kaput the d36 is still chuggin along with plently of light!!!

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zot said:
Chronos,
Did you get the 12v M100X turbo head seperately or from a complete M100X? I didn't see it offered seperately at PTS. Thanks.

I bought the M100X head separately. I'd call and/or email Mike @ PTS. It wasn't listed on the site but he did have a few in stock.

majr

Newly Enlightened
Paul- would you like me to add a 9v d36 vs 13v d36 to the above shots?
I have to disagree with BUZ on the beamwidths, at least with the lamps that I have. The 13v is a HUGE bright wall with a very small but HOT central spot that rolls off very smoothly and slowly. Whereas the 9v d36 is a thrower, with spill that is still very useful. Both great lamps just server two different purposes.

BUZ

Enlightened
You must have a freak 13v, I would like to see some comparison shots of yours and if I get time I will take some also. What are you powering the 9v with as this could make a difference!

I purchased the 13v setup after reading the overall & throw numbers on flashlight reviews however I was disappointed after I got a chance to compare it to the 12v 300 lumen model.

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
majr said:
Paul- would you like me to add a 9v d36 vs 13v d36 to the above shots?
You bet! I've ordered an M90 + 13V kit. Having tried the 9V D36 in my Raider, I found it too narrow--not at all the wall of light provided by the old, 135-lumen D36. I'll go with either 12V 3x150A, 13V 3x150A, or 2x168A with a RICO Alpha 9 lens, which casts a wide, bright beam.

majr

Newly Enlightened
I am heading out for the weekend now, but Ill try to get some up in the early next week.