Who is the Spyderco of Flashlights?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. I just bought a Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout at Walmart.com. for $46.00. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for showing me how to spend some money. Thanks alot.

cdf

Enlightened
If I was Mr. Bulk , I dont think I'd want to be compared to Micro-tech . They do some of the best production stuff , great designs , but their customer service and bussines practices are terrible ! Ask Greg Lightfoot a Canadian custom maker they screwed . By the sound of it the comparison of McGizmo is apt,with respect to both quality and bussines practices .

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
cdf -

I'm not all that knowledgeable about knives. I picked on MicroTech because they are fine designs and it seems that some of them are only available to LEOs. Didn't know about the bad CS. So, VIPs and Lionhearts are the _________ of flashlights?

Jon, maybe I can help.

Pilas are the Federation Dilithium Crystals of warp drive power sources.

ST_Enterprise_NX01_anim.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak:

Let us know how that Blackout works for you. That's one I don't have, but have almost bought many times.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will do.

I've only a Buck Odyssey but I like the shape of the blade and the oval thumb hole. I don't like that the silver clip telegraphs the knife's carriage. I like the Spyderco Police but that would be illegal to carry here.

I thought the Blackout would be much stealthier than the Odyssey. I wouldn't even know what titanium nitride was except I've got a BlackBird coming and no matter how pretty it is I'm determined to EDC it. Maybe nice companions. Do you know what kind of batteries the Blackout uses?

Topper

Flashaholic*
There are too many great, semi great, real good, good, ok.
knife guys to match up with a handfull of Light makers.
Al Mar Bob Dozier Hen and Rooster Bulldog and lots more not on the list
Topper

crouchingrooster

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight has to be the Spyderco of flashlights. they are both well designed and extremely reliable. Both brings excellent usage for years to come....

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel -

This thread is really helpful to a flashlightguy/knife noobie like me. Why is Eternalight the SOG of flashlights?

__________ is the Spyderco of flashlights. Exit poles indicate Streamlight.

__________ is the Buck of flashlights.

__________ is the Gerber of flashlights. Gerber nominated.

__________ is the CRKT of flashlights. Pelican, Princeton Tec nominated.

__________ is the Kershaw of flashlights. Jetts22's nominated.

__________ is the Benchmade of flashlights. Surefire nominated.

__________ is the SOG of flashlights. Eternalight nominated.

__________ is the MicroTech of flashlights. Mr. Bulk's nominated.

__________ is the Sebenza of flashlights. McGizmo's nominated.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
Do you know what kind of batteries the Blackout uses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I looked, it was powered by a glucose consumption carbon-based protoplasm mobile unit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, Ice. Does the Blackout have the assisted-opening feature that the Chive and Scallion have? How well does it work?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it uses assisted opening. I've never held a knife that had it. I bought it online at the Walmart store so I should have it by Friday barring there are no problems from herded turkey volume.

Latest posts