Who still uses their ARC4+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taro68

Newly Enlightened
When i found the ARC4+ on the net it was a true love! And i never discovered CPF without this ARC flashlight. I still carry my Arc 4+ on my bag, it's my favourite light working on stage, his clip is the best clip i ever meet on flashlights. People when look my ARC 4+ still wondering for his design and function. I have two of them: ARC4+ first rev and ARC 4+second rev.
Great light!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Electrically, the BS rechargeable and non-rechargeables will be fine in the Arc4. The Arc4 was the first LED flashlight designed to work with rechargeable 123 lithiums.

Mechanically, however, each case is different. The Arc4 switch system was unfortunately more sensitive than it should be to variations in cell length. If it does give you a problem, the switch system can sometimes be adjusted to accomodate a particular brand. There are various methods. I recommend a search of the Arc forum.

Peter

simbad

Enlightened
I got this shelf queen recently. Mint condition Arc4+ Rev2.
I couldn't resist the Arc "nostalgia" :ohgeez: :grin2:

Arc4Dos.jpg

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
mossyoak said:
does anyone know what a arc 4+ mint condition would be worth?

I paid £65/$130 for one in it's presentation tin (absolutely mint, it still has the protective film on the lens).

CFU

Edit, I don't use it...pure shelf queen.
smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I still carry one of the origional four ARC 4x's. This has been one of my EDC lights since I got it. It has never failed and I have never had a problem with it.

I use RCR123 batteries from the second batch of rechargeable 123s that came out. The batteries came from JS Burly.

It replaced my ARC LSH-P for EDC. My son refused my offer of a ARC 4+. He still carries his ARC LS and ARC AAA. My wife and a total of 5 adult children still have the ARC LS.

I have a second ARC 4+ that I keep for a spare. It would only work with 2 brands of batteries when I got it, at least as far as I know. I tried it with 5 brands of primary batteries that I had on hand at the time I bought it. The origional ARC company was still in business at the time, so I sent it back and ARC fixed it. It now works with all brands of primary cells that I have tried. I haven't tried it with rechargeable cells, but I assume it would work with them.

I also still EDC a ARC AAA LE that I have had on my key ring since 2002 or 2003. For the newer members this was a Limited Edition of the ARC AAA that was offered a few years ago. This light has never failed me and it is still in good condition even after being carried on my key ring for three or four years.

zoomin

Newly Enlightened
I have my Arc4+ serving as one of three emergency lights for my home. The Arc4+, the Arc lsh-p, and a HDS B42 are distributed around my home for searches and emergencies. It is still a great light.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
My ARC4 comes out to play every now and again. I really love that light and enjoy using it. The tailswitch is a bit sensitive but very much a keeper. In an icestorm/poweroutage/stuck at home situation I would use it at a low setting as a primary light for sure.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, the new LS won't look exactly like the Arc4. A regular CPFer should have no trouble spotting the differences.

I have a small collection of rev2 Arc4s and the only rev3 Arc4 ever made. I carried the rev3 for over a year until the LS protos were strong enough to EDC, I now use those protos for all my flashlight uses to rack up the test hours.

Peter

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any estimate on when we can see photos of the new Arc? As long as it retains that classic LS shape, I'll be happy

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont own a Arc LS4 but an LS1 which up to this day is the one I have in my bedroom.... even though there are brighter lights out there.. it just has always been like that....

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trivia:
If only 1 of 2 Arc 4+ have done the flat tailcap-mod,
howcome both can still tailstand ??? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

IMG_5324c_resize.jpg

IMG_5325c_resize.jpg

Free drooling. :drool:

:whistle:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trivia:
If only 1 of 2 Arc 4+ have done the flat tailcap-mod,
howcome both can still tailstand ???
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

'Cuz you've made a snazzy tailcap extension/slipover...
smile.gif

I hope you will be subjecting it to a severe HAIII treatment session (I'm not a fan of shiny metals).

CFU

Status
Not open for further replies.