Why is the SureFire 6P so good?

hellboy90

Newly Enlightened
Im so addicted to 6p, 9p . Very solid , boom proof , feel good in hand light .
IMG_20230918_205249.jpg

61 Willys wagon

Newly Enlightened
Yep,I got 7 iirc. 4 as weaponlights,1 for my wife,1 by my bed,1 in gun safe. All with malkoff m61sho heads. I buy em up anytime I see 1 fairly cheap on ebay.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
If 6P is good why do we spend so much improving them?
I will contend that putting LED modules in them is not improving them. There are so many good LED flashlights out there that perform in every single way better than a 6P with an LED module. The 6p is so good, as an independent flashlight

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will contend that putting LED modules in them is not improving them. There are so many good LED flashlights out there that perform in every single way better than a 6P with an LED module. The 6p is so good, as an independent flashlight
Ok then. We also modify the switch or put a 16650 in it. Hardly anyone runs them stock.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have several still stock. I stocked up on P60's 😉

Many here like the round ones for the nostalgia. But the one with anti-roll and notches cut out on the side were a super-duper improvement. PK said they told him "that stupid looking thing will never sell". Yet the anti-roll had been wildly popular on flashlights up to the 1950's when the machine era meant round and futuristic looking like a Buck Rogers flashlight. So really what he did was bring back an old idea in a much smaller and brighter platform.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking "notches" must refer to the two little dots, one in the body and one in the tail, that you can line up with each other. The light will be OFF but just the right amount of turn from ON. They mark the READY position, as it were.

Last edited:
Some fool is practically giving these things away! :LOL: He must have bought a load of them on closeout back in the day! Just guessing. :sneaky: