Why lights?

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
All of my hobbies are considered equally odd.

They're cheaper to feed than guns (my weekly ammo budget was $80 in handloads for a slow week). My gun hobby also invited theories about owning a gun to compensate for 'inadequacies'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

My handcuff collection is just as varied and interesting but invites theories about my nocturnal activities.

My wife still does not understand, but at least she does not worry about the kids being hurt by a flashlight and I don't have to sacrifice my personal privacy to own them.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Women don't understand us guys collecting stuff but they end up with dishes they never use, shoes, clothes, and handbags they never use and jewelry that sits in a box gathering dust.
At least us flashaholics that don't have a flashlight for every day of the year *test* most of them now and then to make sure they work... or do they? Maybe someone needs to make designer Lux3 purselights and LED dishes for women so they can get *hooked*.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
Women don't understand us guys collecting stuff but they end up with dishes they never use, shoes, clothes, and handbags they never use and jewelry that sits in a box gathering dust.
At least us flashaholics that don't have a flashlight for every day of the year *test* most of them now and then to make sure they work... or do they? Maybe someone needs to make designer Lux3 purselights and LED dishes for women so they can get *hooked*.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I know first hand about that!
You should have seen the vast amount of socks my mom used to collect, I belive it would have been safe to say She had over 100 pairs of socks in all kinds of diffrent colors!
My dad belives thats one reson why I hate socks! EEvvviilll things! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be the wet blanket here, but my reason is that they are not an optimal design. Either one use has too little run time, does not put out enough light, too small/big, uses expensive batteries, and difficult to be in all areas at once. I smoke and carry 2 lighters with me, thats it. A bic for most of my lighting needs and a butane wind resistance one for windy days when its hard to get the bi to light. But i carry 3-4 flashlights and have many more at home.