• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Why so inactive?

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well here's a quick pic of my mcgizmo pd I use for work.
Beautiful little light sporting a nichia 219c

798a2799af853a006df50b32533d38c4.jpg

376ab801fe36063ebb8312c35520cc8f.jpg

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
For those that carry their haikus in their pocket. What's do you prefer to use to keep them protected from most scratches and or swirls? I will be getting one soon but would like to keep it as nice as possible.
Dude, get the special hex driver, take the clip off, and a minute or two with the maroon Scotch Brite pad and then the white, looks perfectly new, so don't worry. I can't remember the Cat who makes the hex driver, he is in Los Angeles. Can someone help with his name.

You really need need this tool if you get a Mc Giz! Also you should have a spare clip and screws, a spare rubber tailcap button for the switch and O rings, just in case.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

scout24

Flashaholic
I believe Don recommends the Thorp driver tool for the hex bolts holding the clips on his lights.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, yes, of course Thorpe! No McGizmo owner should be without this wonderful tool. If you don't yet have one, order today. Even the hex tools in my Snap on Roll Away, are no match for this driver.

I have a entire box my wife had custom made box to house all my McGizmo lights and all the spare parts, Deoxit, batteries and grease, and everything. Oh, and the Thorpe hex driver.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm with Arch on this, embrace the patina and put these lights to use! Particularly the Ti ones. If you want to keep an old prototype or unusual finish like an oil slick Mule pristine I get it, but a Haiku? Use that light! :)

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I'm with Arch on this, embrace the patina and put these lights to use! Particularly the Ti ones. If you want to keep an old prototype or unusual finish like an oil slick Mule pristine I get it, but a Haiku? Use that light! :)

Agreed! My light has been carried since I got it. Perfect carry piece.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
3/16"

A transition from Hex to Torx is long overdue in my opinion.....

Eric

I have had a good relationship with Lunsford for many years and I have yet to hear of one of my clips coming off due to a screw getting loose or any other problems aside from the requirement of a driver like the thorpe MIP. I realize that with some of the lights out there now, the clip is exchanged more often than the battery. Perhaps I should invest in some designer torx screws and add yet one other option for those intending to alternate clips.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have had a good relationship with Lunsford for many years and I have yet to hear of one of my clips coming off due to a screw getting loose or any other problems aside from the requirement of a driver like the thorpe MIP. I realize that with some of the lights out there now, the clip is exchanged more often than the battery. Perhaps I should invest in some designer torx screws and add yet one other option for those intending to alternate clips.

:lolsign:
:crackup:

fyrstormer

Banned
For those that carry their haikus in their pocket. What's do you prefer to use to keep them protected from most scratches and or swirls? I will be getting one soon but would like to keep it as nice as possible.
Aerospace-grade titanium doesn't need to be protected from anything.