Will there be a 300+ Lumen XP-G Flashlight?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Solarforce L2 Host for 18650 cells................$24.99
Thrunite XP-G R5 Drop-in (345 lumens).........$33.95
AW 2600 18650 cell...................................$16.00 (roughly)
total.......................................................$74.94
coupon code cpf at Lighthound.com takes off 2%
Buy something cheap to bring the total up to $75 and you have free shipping.
Going this route, you can more cheaply update to better l.e.d.s when they come out without having to replace the entire light.

I have no reason to believe the Thrunite would be over 300 lumens otf the solarforce host nor do I know the color of their bin. To be honest I don't trust Thrunite products.

Thanks for looking it up for me though.

recDNA

Flashaholic
No, I meant when it gets upgraded to the xp-g.

Unless you are looking for a larger diameter than 1"?

No, in fact .8 inch would be better but I'd settle for 1" and my next XP-G must be white. No more sickly green.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If thrunite is using the XP-G data from the vendor as the source for the 345 lumens claim that would be emitter lumens. At the typical 70% efficienty to OTF lumens off of a reflector and through non AR coated glass that drops it down to 241.5. We have seen better than that from the EagleTac T10C2. If its at 80% efficiency that's still only 276 OTF lumens. To get what we would hope to be the magical 300 lumens out the front it would have to be 87% efficient. Don't think it would happen.

I still want one to play with. I haven't seen the data sheet on these dice. It would be interesting if the XP-G is rated at 345 lumens at the 1.00 amp current level.

I have spent $35 in worse ways, but I am too busy right now to wait for one to show up in the mailbox. So it will have to wait.

recDNA

Flashaholic
If thrunite is using the XP-G data from the vendor as the source for the 345 lumens claim that would be emitter lumens. At the typical 70% efficienty to OTF lumens off of a reflector and through non AR coated glass that drops it down to 241.5. We have seen better than that from the EagleTac T10C2. If its at 80% efficiency that's still only 276 OTF lumens. To get what we would hope to be the magical 300 lumens out the front it would have to be 87% efficient. Don't think it would happen.

I still want one to play with. I haven't seen the data sheet on these dice. It would be interesting if the XP-G is rated at 345 lumens at the 1.00 amp current level.

I have spent $35 in worse ways, but I am too busy right now to wait for one to show up in the mailbox. So it will have to wait.

I hope I can change the subject for a minute in my own thread - have you ever tested an Eagletac M2C4 (the P7 one) in your sphere?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I can change the subject for a minute in my own thread - have you ever tested an Eagletac M2C4 (the P7 one) in your sphere?

No I have not. I wanted to but no one sent me one even when I had asked and offered to do it, no charge, no pizza. Too late now.

Definitely off topic for this thread. But no big deal.