Winter's Finally Here - Time To Make Some Chili !!!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a beautiful batch done and ripening in frig, ready to finalize later today. Then make some cornbread on the side and shredded cheddar on top.

Do you make any of your chili spicy hot?

We are all still waiting for you to spill the beans!:crackup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
After the first day of cooking, and 2nd day of recooking for another hour, I siphon off about a fourth into another pot which I call "The Wussies Chili." I mark it that way on the containers.

Then I add the final barage of spices to the main pot make it the "The Real Chili" and let cook for another 1-2 hours, adding a bit of Masa to thicken and tighten it up at the end. If you don't sweat when eating it, it's not Real Chili.

It was done yesterday. It is a Primo Batch, and half of it has already been picked up by friends/family. Can you tell that I love making this?

savumaki

Enlightened
After the first day of cooking, and 2nd day of recooking for another hour, I siphon off about a fourth into another pot which I call "The Wussies Chili." I mark it that way on the containers.

Then I add the final barage of spices to the main pot make it the "The Real Chili" and let cook for another 1-2 hours, adding a bit of Masa to thicken and tighten it up at the end. If you don't sweat when eating it, it's not Real Chili.

It was done yesterday. It is a Primo Batch, and half of it has already been picked up by friends/family. Can you tell that I love making this?

Sadist :mad:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The Wussies Chili."

:crackup:

All this talk of chili is making me hungry! I see a batch of chili being made this week with some mexican cornbread.

Oh, if you want to get rid of some award winning chili PM me and I'll send you my address. :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I can't believe I just finished putting together all the ingredients for my 6th batch of Chili this year!!! Now has to sit in frig for a day before day two cooking and final touches.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
my mom makes a mean chili with fresh deer that goes from the woods to the pot in less than two hours she's actually closed her office early to come to the farm to start some chili, she'll only make it when theres a deer just killed it dont get any fresher than that. shes very secretive of her recipe, but she uses cocoa powder and coca cola in her chili, and no damn beans. but plenty of the best onions Vidalia, Ga has to offer.

Latest posts