Wish car body with Tesla Electric chassis

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of Electric car would you like with what kind of body style from past?

My wish car is:

#1 -
1975 Triumph TR6 with Tesla S chassis.

#2 - 1970 Dodge Challenger with Tesla S chassis.

#3 - 1956 Mercedes 300SL with Tesla S chassis.

What is yours?
#1 -
#2 -

#3 -

Only one of many that comes to mind -

A 1963 Jaguar XKE

595fef799ece2_Exterior-1.jpg

..... and no, the powertrain and electrical system did not make it special.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Im not a car guy, but I know that most of the appeal of those oldtimers lies in their mechanics.
Its like wanting to build a modern quartz movement into an old pocket watch, in the process you rob if of everything that made it special.
It depends on what appeals to you about these older cars. For me it's mostly the looks. I never could stand internal combustion engines between the noise and the stink, so these cars that look nice lost their appeal the minute the key was turned. But stick in a nice, silent electric drive, best of all worlds. Don't like most of what they're making these days, regardless of powertrain. I hate SUVs, pickups, and crossovers with a passion. My own preference has always been very aero, futuristic looking cars. I'm not much of a car guy either. Never owned one, never even had a driver's license. But as an engineer I like to keep up with the state of automotive technology. To me EVs are the most exciting development on the automotive front probably in my lifetime.

My choices:

GT40 with Tesla S chassis
late 90s Mark VIII with Tesla S chassis (I'm partial to this because my brother has one)
1966 Toronado with Tesla S chassis (same reason as above)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im kind of old and boreing lol. ps im excited for the new tesla that will do 0 to 60 in 1.1 second!!!! but at my age my head may just fall off. roling around thinking cool waa wait? wheres my body

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the rivain is amazeing everything about it is cool from the bed till the ac outlets

raggie33

*the raggedier*
idle me to lol till you pointed it out thats what i thought they meant lol

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a BMW guy.
Would love to see that Tesla power train on the BMW M1.