• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: Led Zeppelin's Black Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Led Zeppelin's Black Dog **Price Drop**

Are there any pictures floating around of the normal crome looking aspherics mounted in the light? I'm trying to picture this vs. the black anodized holders.

Patriot, here you go:

dsc2463.jpg

3asp.jpg

Thank you Steve and GunSmoke. I guess I didn't actually realize what cylindrically shaped structure was holding in each aspheric. The structure is obviously black vs the reflective coating of a conventional reflector, but I can't tell if the structure is made from a reflector or something else...lol
This shows the prototypes of the aspheric holders with the only change since being a smoother finish:

dsc2017.jpg

At left is an McR19XR, and the rest are various views of the aspheric lens and holder. The holder is machined from alum bar stock and the lens is epoxied to an inner shoulder. I had some of the holders anodized black.

The external shape of the holder is not exactly a duplicate of the McR19XR, but the key dimensions, length, major diameter, and lower diameter are the same allowing interchangeability.

The holder does have a centering ring built into the bottom that the McR19XR does not have. It locates on the metal ring of the Cree dome like an McR17XR.

I will swap the black aspheric holders for bare alum ones if the buyer wishes.

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patriot, here you go:

dsc2463.jpg

3asp.jpg

This shows the prototypes of the aspheric holders with the only change since being a smoother finish:

dsc2017.jpg

At left is an McR19XR, and the rest are various views of the aspheric lens and holder. The holder is machined from alum bar stock and the lens is epoxied to an inner shoulder. I had some of the holders anodized black.

The external shape of the holder is not exactly a duplicate of the McR19XR, but the key dimensions, length, major diameter, and lower diameter are the same allowing interchangeability.

The holder does have a centering ring built into the bottom that the McR19XR does not have. It locates on the metal ring of the Cree dome like an McR17XR.

I will swap the black aspheric holders for bare alum ones if the buyer wishes.
Hi LZ,:wave:

Thank You for the Great Information, Excellent Pictures, and Very Generous offer!!!:thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Steve

Patriot

Flashaholic

Thank you LZ for taking the time to post your description and excellent pictures. There are so many great deals floating around right now and this one is at the top of my list. I think I spread myself too thin last month though. :mecry:

Hammer Train

Banned

I would like to sweeten the deal a little here for Steve (and fellow MZOX-4 owner :))

The buyer of this light will also receive a mint M6 reflector with all the supporting parts. This will allow the user to swap between the LZ module and a Incan. set up :)
P1010007.jpg

Steve can send me the shipping info and I will get it off to the buyer :twothumbs

Good luck!

That's a very generous offer for the new owner of this beautiful light!

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know someone out there really wants the Dog!!!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm now offering Free Shipping via Insured Priority Mail with DC for the Black Dog!!!:)

Cheers,
Steve

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Led Zeppelin's Black Dog **Withdrawn**

Bump

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Led Zeppelin's Black Dog **Now Withdrawn**

It's time to find the Dog a New Home:cool:.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

curtispdx

Enlightened
Re: FS: Led Zeppelin's Black Dog **Now $625.00 Shipped**

How's the color of the beam?

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

How's the color of the beam?
It's pretty neutral to my eye's. The LED's are Cree R2's WD tint bin. The Beam Shot is what the tint looks like in person.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM replied:thumbsup:.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

mikevelarde

Enlightened

Awesome price folks!! and you got a reflector assembly from gunsmoke for free!! you can change back to incan anytime!!

FREE BUMP!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

niner

Enlightened

It's a huge bargain!

I have the all-reflectors version of this light, and it is one of my most used lights. Best compromise between throw and spill.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome price folks!! and you got a reflector assembly from gunsmoke from free!! you can change back to incan anytime!!

FREE BUMP!!:thumbsup:
Thanks Mike, I appreciate the comments.

After giving it some thought I've decided to reinstate the sale with 2 buying options:
1. The Whole Black Dog Package for Withdrawn Shipped.
2. The Black Dog Head Only for Withdrawn Shipped
Both Packages Include Insured Priority Mail with DC(US).

This is an $800.00 + light, and that's without the extra reflector(s) and 3 x 18650 batteries. This is as low as I can go.:mecry:

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.