Wondering about value of near mint 8X with Turbohead

bstrickler

Enlightened
I recently found an 8X with the regular head, and KT5, in nearly mint condition (along with the battery pack, charger, and diffuser).

I did some looking around on CPF, but I was only able to find prices for about $70ish, and those were usually used.

I was wondering if $120 is a reasonable price for the whole package. It seems like it is to me, but I want to make sure I'm not overpaying.

I'm not worried about the pack being dead, as I can just make a new one easily.

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
A black KT5 I assume? They are going for slightly over $100.00 marked down retail on a couple sites. The 8X with charger etal goes for 40/60 on eBay when they are around. As for me $120.00 seems reasonable. LA Police Gear is doing a close out on N5 lamps for a super reasonable price, so laying in 2/3 spares probably is a good move. I guess your $120.00 could buy a more modern and technically superior flashlight, but if you like something out of the mainstream that will strike up a few "whats that" conversations, you could do worse.
RJ

bstrickler

Enlightened
Yep, black KT5.

It's one of the few incan lights I've liked (mostly because it's rechargeable).

I prefer owning unusual lights (I'm currently building a 7D/8D Osram 64656 Maglite powered by 7 26650's), because they're not commonly seen.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldnt spend any money on it - maybe because You mention "out of curiosity", but not for practical reasons.

Back when I was still using 8X/9N - 2004 - an 18650 + Cree XR-E P4 modded P6 immediately replaced them.
smaller, brighter, more versatile ...

The turbo is a nice gimmick, I agree.
For what I use lights not very practical but at the end of the illumination distance a better light dot
(but did not had a wider range of illumination! I had the turbo for the 9N, if that makes a difference)

Show it off in some forest, there the difference is astounding :)
(its an illusion, but the near field is not this bright, therefore ...)

Latest posts