Would this make a good rear fog light?

toledoUPSguy

Newly Enlightened
Using the parking lights works as intended. Thank you for all the help and suggestions. I really didn't want to track down and solder the cap and diode so I am glad the parking light circuit works. I already had a jumper plug in the headlight harness for the raptor grill lights so I didn't have to tap into the factory harness, parking light leads already there.

Don't want to wish for crappy dangerous driving conditions but certainly do want to see what this looks like in the intended weather conditions.

Thank you again for all the help, encouragement to do things correctly, and suggestions. Appreciate it.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean install, and glad to see that there was an easy solution to the issue. Spread the word far and wide about the solution!

LEDphile

Enlightened
@Virgil Do you have another option for the capacitor seems out of stock?

I'm seeing a few hundred in stock at the first electronics distributor I checked, going up to several thousand if you pick a higher voltage rating (which is fine and won't have any impact on function for this application). A radial package may also be easier to work with here (and may be more readily available), although I only checked axial packages.

The big electronics distributors are (in alphabetical order), Digikey, Element14 (formerly Newark), and Mouser, plus a few others that aren't quite as easy to buy from or have varying specialization, like Arrow and Future. While there are certainly shortages of some parts, commodity passive parts still seem to be readily available, at least in modest quantities.

jzchen

Enlightened
Having Mar Vac/DuVac go locally. Then Radio Shack, and then Fry's Electronics go out of business, kind of dried up my go to places. Thank you.