Would you like to see a new M6 style body on the market??

325addict

Enlightened
I can tell you a secret: IF Mark comes to making something like this it will be an 1X 21700 body with 1X 21700 extender(s). So you can have it the way you want: 1 cell, 2 cell or 3 cell setups!

I already have FM 3x16650 battery holder which fits nice in stock M6. Also 2x18650 by altermann so i'm happy with 8.4V and 12.6V options.
What i found interesting is 2x21700 M4 style body.
But even better would be to design incan softstart like AW's back in the days.
Softarters implemented in tailcaps C and M6 would be absolutly [emoji2962]

Sent from Tapatalk

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you a secret: IF Mark comes to making something like this it will be an 1X 21700 body with 1X 21700 extender(s). So you can have it the way you want: 1 cell, 2 cell or 3 cell setups!

Would you mind asking him if he's willing to try make a softstarter?
EDIT: X x 21700 would be awesome. I hope M head, C tail...

Sent from Tapatalk

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, no. Some things are just a product of their times. Some classics should just remain that way. I still have my SureFire M6. Nowadays perhaps it looks like a wasteful purchase. I ended up using my Leef-bodied M4 far more than my M6. But nostalgia is a heck of a thing sometimes.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the Tad Customs M Sockets. Will a G4 fit in those? I thought Tad's socket only fit G2, or whatever size his little lamps are. I thought G4 were twice as wide, with taller pins.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Awesome, thank you id39209, didn't know Tad had these. Perfect.

Edit: Priced out my build just now, getting it done for $253,
  • Lumens Factory M Turbo Head
  • Tad Customs Halogen Bipin Socket
  • fivemega 4x G4 Bi-pin FM1909 (11.5V, 5.5A)
  • fivemega Leef 3x18650
  • Lumens Factory Seraph Tail Cap
  • LightSaver Miser switch (which I already have, and it may not work with these amps, so then McClicky or a twisty Surefire z41 inards stuffed in the Seraph tail cap)

All parts available. Hope they'll still be available in January when I think I can start this. I'll probably pick up an 18650 spacer because most G4 easily available would only work on 2 cells, or maybe find another Leef or Surefire M4 tube.

Oops, forgot the cells. Add $40 at least.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found them, BI-PIN SOCKET FOR MN LAMP ASSEMBLY BY FIVEMEGA: first run, second run, and third run. There are enough out there, I have hope someone who has moved on will give theirs up.

Quicker than I am.....

I found it very useful to keep at least one factory produced M3T lamp, either Surefire or Lumens Factory so I can install the G4 bulbs to the ideal distance between base and filament.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Awesome, thank you id39209, didn't know Tad had these. Perfect.

Edit: Priced out my build just now, getting it done for $253,
Lumens Factory M Turbo Head
Tad Customs Halogen Bipin Socket
fivemega 4x G4 Bi-pin FM1909 (11.5V, 5.5A)
fivemega Leef 3x18650
Lumens Factory Seraph Tail Cap
LightSaver Miser switch (which I already have, and it may not work with these amps, so then McClicky or a twisty Surefire option stuffed in the Seraph tail cap)

All parts available. Hope they'll still be available in January when I think I can start this. I'll probably pick up an 18650 spacer because most G4 easily available would only work on 2 cells, or maybe find another Leef or Surefire M4 tube.

Oops, forgot the cells. Add $40 at least.

Sounds like you will have a nice outfit.......those FM1909's are bright, you will enjoy.....
And for a good beam, make sure that the distance between the flat base of the bi-pin socket and the element in the bulb is 22.4mm to duplicate the factory lamps.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you will have a nice outfit.......those FM1909's are bright, you will enjoy.....
And for a good beam, make sure that the distance between the flat base of the bi-pin socket and the element in the bulb is 22.4mm to duplicate the factory lamps.

Thanks for the tip

325addict

Enlightened
In other words: the only thing you miss is a Fivemega Megalennium 3S with an AW soft starter... exactly what I have, and was the reason for asking Mark, if he would make something like this, as Fivemega unfortunately ran out of his 3S 18650 Megalennium and Megalennium-B a long time ago...

I do admire fivemega's productions and variety of options as shown above.

Personally, and only speaking for myself, I have a collection of G4 bi-pin bulbs suitable for the 2x and 3x 18650 power source, a number of M heads, fivemega's G4/M3T holders, Lumens Factory M3T/M6 lamps and a good selection of 18650 protected cells.

The only thing I am missing is a body which holds 3x18650 cells side by side as in the WE M300 light (which is becoming my favourite light right now) and accepts the M head.

So I guess that the obvious question here is, who will make this body in the future......(and don't forget the AW style soft switch as well)

Even though I have too many incan lights already, this type/shape light would be on my shopping list.....

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
325addict, you are a lucky man.....in the early days I had other interests but now, the Fivemega Megalennium 3S with AW soft start/three level switch would feel just fine on my bedside table.....

325addict

Enlightened
I wouldn't switch that one on at night ;-)
Do you know what I have near my bed, to look at my watch for the time when it is pitch black? An old Daimon flashlight that used to work on a "duplex" battery (also called 2R10) and with a 2.2V / 0.25A "NF brillant" bulb in it... now I put in two odd-sized Nicads and an M8 nut behind them to give the whole bunch the same length as those strange 2R10 (3 Volts) batteries.

But I'm VERY happy to own such a Megalennium indeed! I'm very careful not to damage it in any way...

325addict, you are a lucky man.....in the early days I had other interests but now, the Fivemega Megalennium 3S with AW soft start/three level switch would feel just fine on my bedside table.....

Latest posts