Wow! did I lose the Luxeon Lottery Today!

Tomas

Banned
Gee, Craig, that the same horrid bile green as this guy: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif !!!

I feel MUCH better about my worst LS now ...

Keep us informed, eh, Greg?

T_sig6.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes the greenish ones are good to overdrive.

Were you told a bin on them, or was it vague?

I got a side emitter and was told "it's white" and that's the extent of it. It's quite green, not like Craig's, but green-ish nonetheless.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That picture I put here is of the first CMG Reactor I received in early August 2002.
That's not just "bile green", it's "rotten whale urine green". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
But it isn't that bad if there's no other light handy - it just isn't something you'd want to reach for on purpose if there are other LED lights handy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
these are suppose to be "Q2"

I don't mod LS's so I don't know if Q2 means just brightness or tint or whatever.

It is possible they are underdriven, I'm running them off of two AA's They were new AA's if that's worth anything.

The color is pretty bad, but I do have to say they are bright! Accurate color rendation is not good but in terms of providing light they do that just fine.

Haven't heard any response to me email.

GregR

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
My contribution to the "rotten cat urine green" "white" Luxeons is...

[image]http://safeco2.home.att.net/reactor3.jpg[/image

Although it's not a horrible, awful light, it does take some getting used to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeeks Craig, only a a mother could love this color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Yea, thats sick...suggest the toliet test as a final farwell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Stay tuned for funeral sevice. May we commit to the museum of time, the sick, the sad...the

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
Yeeks Craig, only a a mother could love this color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Yea, thats sick...suggest the toliet test as a final farwell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Stay tuned for funeral sevice. May we commit to the museum of time, the sick, the sad...the

[/ QUOTE ]
I went looking for my original Reactor that produced this color, but didn't find it where I thought it was. So I went for my second Reactor, took a look at it, and determined it was too long to go down the toliet hole without getting stuck in it or getting stuck in the pee trap a bit farther inside the toliet. So I guess I won't be able to flush my original Reactor when it turns up, unless I yank my {vulgar term for feces}bowl out of the floor and drop the "rotten cat urine green" Reactor directly into the hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Latest posts