Wow! The 25 lumen MN02 lamp for E2e is bright!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got it in from lighthound. Excellent. Its' exceptionally bright! And for some reason it has a very tight hotspot. I bought it to assemble a nice light for the wifey since I have the black bezel and black tailcap from a black E1e. I'm going to pick up another E2D body and put this lamp in there for her. Its awesome, together with the long runtime, it will make an excellent light. Give it a try!

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I just purchased a E20 off ebay and thought that the light was very white with a tight hot spot. It made me think for a while that the light was sent with the wrong bulb. I'm guessing that the 2 lithiums with the low output bulb is what is causing the nice white light with no sag. :)

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBL said:
how does output, throw and runtime compare to the kl1?

Well the KL1 has a little more throw and brightness, as well as the awesome flat regulation for almost 3 hours before dropping off...

greenLED said:
Wait 'till you try the MN03...

I had an HA E2e a while back, its' a very nice lamp...at least for the first 20 minutes or so!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my favorite E2x lamp. I carry a MN03 lamp in my spares carrier. You going to get her a long pocket clip as well?

The MN02 is way under rated IMHO. It'll burn very bright for about 2 hours.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the MN02 is a very practical and satisfying lamp for outdoor activities. Plenty of lumens for most activities and the beautiful SF beam as well. :)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
kelmo said:
You going to get her a long pocket clip as well?

Probably not. The E2L body for some reason is $10 more than the E2d body which is what I'll get. Besides, the head and tailcap I have are both black HA.

chuck4570

Enlightened
The MN02 lamp assembly is great, one of my 2 EDC lights is a E2e with a MN02 lamp in it. 25 lumens is more than enough light for about 75% of all my lighting needs, and the light is small enough to be in the pocket at all times.

Chuck

InfidelCastro

Banned
I think it's a great lamp. I had a "tactical moment"
rolleye11.gif
a few weeks ago and it lit up the person just fine. I do prefer the MN03 for such tasks though.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been an interesting thread because I've been considering adding the MN02 option. I already have the MN01, MN03 & KL1 for my E lights and thought the 02 might fill the gap for night hikes in the woods. The E1e is great for this task but sometimes a little more runtime and brightness would be nice, hence, the MN02.

What's the current consumption of the MN02? The 01 is about 0.7 amps & the 03 is 1.0 amps, I believe.

InfidelCastro

Banned
jayflash said:
This has been an interesting thread because I've been considering adding the MN02 option. I already have the MN01, MN03 & KL1 for my E lights and thought the 02 might fill the gap for night hikes in the woods. The E1e is great for this task but sometimes a little more runtime and brightness would be nice, hence, the MN02.

What's the current consumption of the MN02? The 01 is about 0.7 amps & the 03 is 1.0 amps, I believe.

Approx. 0.53 amps according to the specs. I haven't metered one myself, but I believe that to be correct when also considering the lumens and runtime. It basically draws a hair less than half of what the MN03 does and puts out a hair less than half the light.

I think it's a great outdoors lamp. When you need more power, you can always break out the Streamlight TL-3. :D