Wuben L50 and C3

kilogulf59

Enlightened
Does anyone know what the practical differences between these two lights are? I'm looking for a new EDC and I'm not a cop/soldier/security guard, I don't work nights outdoors, and my camping days are over. I just need a GP light for in and out of doors as I live rural and take the dogs out at night, i.e. critter watch is required. Any-who, any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

The only difference between the L50 and c3 is reflector technology as far as I can tell. The C3 appears to have a tir optic so it would probably throw further but the beam pattern wouldn't look as nice. Probably go with which ever one goes on sale and it should suit you fine.
I don't know anything about an L60

Thank you sir. I went with the L50, turns out a friend has several so I went with his recommendation. That and the price was right. The L60 (which I also purchased), as far as I can tell, is the same as the L50 except it has an adjustable beam, so it has a farther reach. Both are rated at 1200 lumens. We use the L60 as a handy, lightweight, replacement for our WayPoint Streamlight when letting the dogs out at night (we're rural). Honestly, the L50 lights up the area nicely as well, however the L60 does an even better job all the way around. IMO, both are a really good deal and for not a lot of money.

This gentleman did a nice review of both lights:

It is. Out front, the tree line is about 70-yards away and it just lights it up great. Hell, with it un-zoomed (is that a word?) it lights up the whole yard. Very easy to see critters in the trees with it...

Oh the L60 zooms, thanks for the heads up. Even though I follow Charles Bridgetac I don't see all his videos :D I may follow a few to many I guess.
I'm not a huge fan of zoom lights, although Coast flashlights have me second guessing that choice of late.

An osram p9 is round so that could very well make the best zoom light for the dollar

Ok, thanks and thought so. The L50 has an Osram P9, the L60 has a Cree XP-L2 V6. It's all Greek to me. They're very bright, the charge seems to be holding up well, they're light in weight, and, apparently, seem well made. Hard to beat for the price.

Xpl has a nice tight beam due to the smaller led but if fully focused might end up with a square beam. Some companies diffuse a section of the lens to prevent that

My son has a Nightstick headlamp and it has the square beam thing going when it's fully focused. Not a big problem and a very nice HL.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a backup 18650 cell for each of my Wuben lights. Should I just get two from Wuben or buy another brand? If it matters, they're protected cells.