XM-L2 VS XR-E2

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am reliant on throw for my work. Flood is nice, but throw and runtime are the key that makes flashlights practical for everyday usage. (Ahh, to remember the 2003 disposable CVS squeeze lights we used in our mouths for 4 am loading, during all night jobs.) This said, I like the xp-g over the xp-e. It follows I would prefer the xp-g2 over the xp-e2.

[XP-G v. XM-l preference is mudddier, depending on reflector and lotto. More empirical opinions: I like my tk35 xml (okay color, big honking reflector); hate one of my no name brand xml (optic and color are horrid). Am indifferent on another (barely accepable color). All the xp-gs I own have good to excellent color in a manageable reflector size. I feel the tk35 xml is probably (it hurts me to admit) noticeably more efficient. I think on a key light using AAA-or any AAA light-, I would choose an xr-c (which is likely the the king of lux/watt at low wattage). (I mod all my AAA light purchases to a 1 18650 or 3 AA.) My xp-g2 light, from Hank, has such a shallow, textured reflector and inefficient nanji pwm driver (4 amc7135 and a pwm circuit), that I cannot really get a feel how this emitter would do with a current controlled Fenix driver or http://www.ledsupply.com/buckpuck.php. Probably %170 or more runtime- when empirically comparing the Fenix 2 18650 v. this single 18650 xpg2.]

Last edited: