XP-G is this normal??

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
aw man ocd is kicking in. When I replaced my reflector on my light, I did touch/hit the led by accident and had smudges on the backside of the lense from pulling everything out. HEH, and you know about the reflector.

Not to jack your thread, but thanks for the insight. Maybe my light isn't performing 100% now. The lense is coated as I can see purple and the company advertised as such. I RUINED IT! :duh2:

No, the purple is an anti-reflective coating to allow maximum light transmission through the lens, similar to what is used on optical devices like binoculars, camera lenses, and telescopes. Don't worry about cleaning the lens, although these coating are incredibly thin, they are quite tough, it isn't like you're going to wipe them off. I imagine if you really tried to, you possibly could damage them, but even if you did, the light output difference would be so marginal that one would never be able to tell the difference.

knifeMaker

Newly Enlightened
Spray lens cleaner by Zeiss, along with a "No Lint micro fiber cleaning cloth works wonders!

It is sold by Zeiss to clean their coated optics. Arguably the best quality coatings and lenses made in the world today!

KnifeMaker