Y or V bin code [Lux V]

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
Get someone to turn a sink for you at a machine shop.

This is what I am going to do with mine, I need to get my CNC Mill working and I am looking at lathes right now since Katrina ate my old lathe.

I am thinking I might be able to do the entire job of building fitted sinks with the CNC though. You could be nutty and put a TEC on them and run an extra set of batteries for the cooler :)
:goodjob:

FirstDsent

Enlightened
For the purposes of testing, If you don't have a large enough heat sink, use the bottom of your thickest aluminum skillet, or saucepan. It's not like you need something permanent. you can even cool the pan in the fridge, or freezer. If you don't have any cookware, put the flashlight stuff away and look for a girlfriend. You may have your priorities mixed up. LOL!

Bernie

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Hello guys and gals,
After reading this thread, I placed an order for two LUXV's.
I did not realy expect to get any X bins and I did not.
I got the order on Wen.and they were WWOT.
No,not as nice as the X,but these will do.
Just thought you would like to know.
I see that some of you had the same idea.What bins did you get?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
WWOT is a very nice bin too!!! W is bright, and W0 is good neutral tint, and T vf is average/decent as well!

Tritium

Enlightened
W4DIZ said:
Hello guys and gals,
After reading this thread, I placed an order for two LUXV's.
I did not realy expect to get any X bins and I did not.
I got the order on Wen.and they were WWOT.
No,not as nice as the X,but these will do.
Just thought you would like to know.
I see that some of you had the same idea.What bins did you get?

:lolsign: Looks like you had the same idea as me. Mine came in Wed. WWOT.

Future tells me that lumileds has tweeked their process to the point that "flyers" such as x bins will no longer be produced even as an accident. They tell me that there are and will be no more X-BIN parts. If you have them then value them accordingly.

Thurmond

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium said:
:lolsign: Looks like you had the same idea as me. Mine came in Wed. WWOT.

Future tells me that lumileds has tweeked their process to the point that "flyers" such as x bins will no longer be produced even as an accident. They tell me that there are and will be no more X-BIN parts. If you have them then value them accordingly.

Thurmond

I find it strange that they would tweak their process DOWNWARDS as opposed to UPWARDS.... :thinking: :poke:

Tritium

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
I find it strange that they would tweak their process DOWNWARDS as opposed to UPWARDS.... :thinking: :poke:

Not necesarily tweeked down but tightened the specification limits so that any product that would have fallen in the x-bin region is now falling out of spec and is reject material (this was standard proceedure when I worked in IC fabrication). I also did not respond to the news with joy (if it is true).

Thurmond

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is simply retarded. So does that mean they are going to start tossing S bin 1w's and U bin LuxIII's? Come on... what the &!@#$

Why would they toss a better performing part. I can understand something out of tolerance like a resistor/etc, but an LED that are made to be bright, being tossed for beign too bright? :smackhead: