Y or V bin code [Lux V]

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's sending me one. Because if he doesnt.... ! j/k :)
That low VF would be great with 2x123a and a wizzard 700. Long runtime. Heck even a 4D mag or 3D w/4c's in it would power it fine.

That R Vf is the lowest I've heard of on a LuxV. And this is the first time I'v heard of it!

Oh yeah the X bin lumens is a plus too. :) Hell of a combination! That's like finding a VX0G luxeonIII!!!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe any lux V order from future are all X-bin flux + low Vf currently :p
From their cart, there doesn't seem to be any white stars, only portable stars (same thing??)

Anyone gonna try ordering? If the X-bins are back in mass (low Vf is a bonus!), that's good news for all of us!! No profiteering now...hahaha..... :nana:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luna said:
I don't know if that is what it means. I took Waynes post as saying the Wbins were just that good (I can believe it with some that PF has been selling) Maybe he will elaborate.
Good point Luna. Maybe the Wbin are over achievers. :shrug:

AuroraLite

Enlightened
:drool: Is it for real?! I know so many had already expressed their feelings or interest in the lux, but in case they all default, I won't mind to be in line....

Congrats on the Jackpot!! :)

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at posts #8 and #17, I'd say it's almost certainly a Y0. The "V" has a pretty clear space near the bottom of the character, which is not present on the "Y". The upper arms of the "V" are also noticeably longer than those of the "Y".

Regardless, if it truly is an X??R, then most people wouldn't complain whether it was a Y0 or a V0. The high flux and low forward voltage are very desirable. And, once you light it up, you should be able to tell rather easily which tint it is, since the Y0 is fairly cold tinted, and the V0 is rather warm.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
V has 3 dots at the top and Y has 2 dots.

I think it's Y but I need better image quality.. here's something I put together from both the pics on top...

lux.jpg

Last edited:

Tritium

Enlightened
:mad: You know what is truely sad is my rep at Future told me this morning that there had NEVER BEEN ANY LUX V PORTABLE Produced with a Flux Bin of X that W is the best ever produced and as soon as I sent them a pic of an X-bin they broke off contact with me. I have to believe that either the rep is grossly misinformed about the product they represent are they are lying. I was also told that K2 SAMPLES will not be available till June which is also not true. By the way that is a Y. They look like V's most of the time due to bad printing.

Thurmond

Last edited:

Braxus

Newly Enlightened
Put together my power rig and man, these things are BRIGHT!

Pics and Info: Circuit | Min. Brightness | Max. Brightness

Now to find a better way to put it together down the line. Thinking of using styrofoam to mount certain pieces. Sure there is a better/easier/smaller way to drive two of these off the same pack. However, I'm kind of lost at the moment on how to achieve that. ^^;

Spacemarine

Enlightened
What? You are running them without heatsinking? That will kill them witin a few minutes. Even running them for a few 10 seconds will damage them, meaning they lose some of their brightness and become (permanently) less efficient.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
XYOR LuxeonV?!
Geez, at least 200 lumens at 5.9V x 700mA for only 4.1 watts??? Love my WX1S Luxeon V (verified 6.10v at 700mA) but the increase in lumens at a decrease in wattage is very desireable.
Get that thing on a large heatsink before powering it though, and use thermal paste. It would be a shame to nuke the best LuxeonV bins CPF has seen by not cooling them correctly. :(
If you can get a spool of them from Future, put them on CPF for sale and you would probably get at least $40 to $50 each for them.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet he could get $100+ for each of his XYORs, there are those here with the means and desire to pay big bucks for the very best.

If you are just going to dink around with LuxVs, sell these and get a couple of sub-premium bins to play with.

Last edited:

Braxus

Newly Enlightened
Measured the temp on the back of the heatsink and they seemed to get to around 55-60C or so (max plate temp 70C?). Just touched the back with a digital probe I got so probably not hte most accurate way of measuring.

How big of a heatsink will I need to cool these properly? Have a couple of processor sized heatsinks, BGA ram sized ones, as well as 1x1x0.5 inch ones.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Braxus said:
Measured the temp on the back of the heatsink and they seemed to get to around 55-60C or so (max plate temp 70C?). Just touched the back with a digital probe I got so probably not hte most accurate way of measuring.

How big of a heatsink will I need to cool these properly? Have a couple of processor sized heatsinks, BGA ram sized ones, as well as 1x1x0.5 inch ones.

I would put processor sized heat sinks on them. LuxeonV LEDs really don't like heat so the more cooling the better. My WX1S sits in a 2D Mag on a thick (hotlips) heat sink thermal epoxied to the Mag barrel with the large head providing cooling. With LuxV's, the more cooling--the better.