You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When you check this thread even though you have nothing to add.... You just want to ensure the other nuts in the asylum are still plagued by the flashaholic bug.

When you begin to wear a head lamp because the beam sucks on your vacuum cleaner.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read this thread to feel somewhat normal. : ( haha I don't have the bug as bad as I used to. I've cut my collection from around 75-100 lights to about 15-20. Trying to cut even more. I found everything I needed in just a few different flashlights...... well, until something else that interests me comes out. : )

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
After returning to bed from an early morning nature call, you fumble your favorite flashlight when switching it off and drop it. It rolls under the bed. You just know you're a flashaholic when you have no immediate need to pick it up because of your four other favorite flashlights on your night stand. Back to sleep you go.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you check this thread even though you have nothing to add.... You just want to ensure the other nuts in the asylum are still plagued by the flashaholic bug.

When you begin to wear a head lamp because the beam sucks on your vacuum cleaner.
Lol, that's funny. I just used my headlamp the night before last to snowblow as I was not pleased with the output of the blowers incan. I may be a flashaholic.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
When you're addicted to battery reviews to support your flashaholism. And HKJ is your idea of a superhero.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you pick up an incan you've not used in a long while, fire it up, and feel like the beam you're watching is ancient history. Not to mention that room starts getting warmer. ;)

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
1. You take a hiatus from CPF for 3 years to pursue other interests
2. Come back and have to register under a new CPF handle since you've forgotten your pw much less the email address that you registered under in 2006
3. Do a recount of your flashlight collection and realize that you've forgotten to add 6 other SF's that you've purchased in the meantime and
4. Then go and purchase 6 new lights and about 10 new 18650's with higher capacity and amperage :devil:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
When you can't wait for it to get dark so you can use your flashlights and work doing things you could do in the daytime at night because it gives you an excuse to use a light.
When everyone else talks about the latest sports championship game and you talk about your newest headlamp purchase.
When you use a flashlight for a special purpose and find out you need to upgrade it and are happy to go research for hours even days online to find the best for the buck.
When you would rather read a review on CPF than play a game on your smart phone.
When you forget your smart phone has a flashlight mode in it because you are so used to using your flashlight collection.
When you go back and forth from having not enough batteries for your lights then not enough lights for your batteries then not enough chargers for your batteries then start over the cycle and repeat.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you show up for your Nightshift job, and head outside to the huge but dimly lit section of the parking lot to test out three lights of varying brightness. Just to see which output level would be best for you on a light you plan to use almost exclusively outdoors...... 1,000 rated lumens.

And since that light has no carry clip on it, that means you'll have to buy a new 2xCR123 LED model after promising yourself no more lights until the end of 2019. Oh well.......

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I was watching a show with my kids the other night and there was a power outage on the show in this guys house. All the lights went out. And I'm not kidding I reached for my flashlight out of instinct!😂😂😂. Kids rolled there eyes.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you're looking at your lights, thinking; I really want to carry this one (surefire P1R), but it's winter, and I can't carry it due to it's darn crenulated bezel. I've had this light for awhile, and even when I was thinking about ordering it. I was thinking I probably won't be able to carry this light in winter. I still wish they, or someone would make a smooth bezel for this light. So, been carrying the Fury, along with my HDS 250 Rotary!

Pops