your favorite walking shoes

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
I wear the Clarks Wave line for my day to day at work - business casual. I am hard on shoes and these have lasted the longest. I can walk around NYC all day in these as well and they are completely comfortable.

For most of my non-working hours I wear New Balance running sneakers - both for running and walking. They haven't let me down yet.

I switched over to all wool socks about 5 years ago and my feet have been very happy. Prior to that I used to have amazingly putrid foot odors - but wool socks and the problem has gone away completely. For gym socks I use the Smart Wool ankle socks. I tried so many "high tech" sock solutions before this switch and nothing worked. Good ole 100% wool - a simple and natural solution!

I bet you feel sheepish. :lolsign:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Pumped up kicks: My last pair of work shoes (same make/model, pictured above) is holding up well at 3,000+ miles, but they're coated in warehouse dust. These will be nicely visible:

28065137494_38592c4649_c.jpg

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it's up to me to admit I wear flip-flops dang near exclusively I have bunions on both feet and have to use a wheeled walker due to multiple spinal cord insults from reparitive spine surgeries . The VA gave me shoes for diabetics (not even close to tolerable to wear however)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Needed some simple slip-ons for getting mail/about the house, but something with some tread for yard and weather; these should fit the bill nicely:

28648969712_a763b477c9_c.jpg

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Columbia it still alive after 4+ years... will get another pair. Any fan of Salomon? I got good impressions on my first pair.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I tried a pair in a shop but didn't like them.
My wife though has had a pair for several years and liked them a lot. They have held up well.
She has recently bought a new pair that looks good and are comfortable on her.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a pair in a shop but didn't like them.
My wife though has had a pair for several years and liked them a lot. They have held up well.
She has recently bought a new pair that looks good and are comfortable on her.

yeah, and like its lacing system.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Balance 991's, then replaced by 992's. My Physical Therapist recommended them over a decade ago. Caveat: the ones that are "made in USA" have superior support and last longer...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
New Balance 991's, then replaced by 992's. My Physical Therapist recommended them over a decade ago. Caveat: the ones that are "made in USA" have superior support and last longer...

My wife gets relief of her back and knees from New Balance shoes.
Late last year I began to buy her a new pair every hundred days or so in order to always have a pair nice and springy. She's up to four pairs and we'll stop at six... try that for a year tthen we'll likely start again.

I just swapped out the Rockports mentioned in the first post for a new pair. Not because they were shot, but because my work has me in office dweller mode and my old ones were looking kinda shabby what with transmission oils, coolant and other stains combined with some torn stitching.... and being surrounded by youngsters with high water trousers showing their designer socks I figured it was time to move a bit from my usual hobo looking kicks.

After breaking my big toe for the 337th time (it seems) I always have at least flip flops or slippers OG. If there is a rock or a root within 10' of me it seems like my big toes are divining rods for them. The last time my big toe was at a right angle to my foot I vowed that was the last time Lord willing... so far so good.
Also no more "goose stepping" to the can at 2am helps. Small steps only. lol

Last edited:

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Last year I switched from ASICS Gel Kayano 20 Lite Show to ASICS Fuzex Lyte. I used to wear Nike Pegasus but found the ASICS are a better fit.