ZebraLight H502 XM-L

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here here.

What will be the difference between the H502 and the H602 I wonder?

Both will have to be bought.

So will the S6330b when it arrives. That sounds awesome.

What's a H602? Something new? Is it a smooth beam version of the H600?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's listed on ZL's website when you click on the compare products button.

Thanks! Looks like that is exactly what I have been waiting for. I will have to drop the H600w and really wait for the H602w. Always liked the super smooth beam of the H501w but want a brighter one running on 18650.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! Looks like that is exactly what I have been waiting for. I will have to drop the H600w and really wait for the H602w. Always liked the super smooth beam of the H501w but want a brighter one running on 18650.

No prob. I also like a floody beam but I'm thinking most of the XML beams are floody in any case, so the H600 with a little bit extra throw might work out pretty well. :)

uknewbie

Banned
So the H602 is an H502 that runs on 18650?

If so and it is a proper flood beam, it is a must buy for me!

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well their old 18650 headlights were H60 models so the H600 would "have to" be the new all flood 18650 headlamp.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news from Zebralight on the 502? Will we see this in 2011? Will a neutral white version be available right away? I really am looking forward to this one.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news from Zebralight on the 502? Will we see this in 2011? Will a neutral white version be available right away? I really am looking forward to this one.

Cool H502 we will most likely get this year. I am waiting on H502W. There is no telling when that's available. I wish there will be an H80F with X-ML also. In fact I would pick that over the H502. So for me it will H502W first and H80FW later, if they even make one.

Last edited:

ico

Enlightened
I saw the McGizmo Sundrop a few weeks ago and it got me interested in an all flood light. The sundrop is way too much for my budget so I was looking at the H501W. It had the specs I wanted, only wished it would be brighter so I was also looking at the H51FW but I really want H501W`s all flood. Good thing someone mentioned the H502 and I can`t do anything but wait for its arrival:drool:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Good thing someone mentioned the H502 and I can`t do anything but wait for its arrival:drool:

I bet it'll be worth the wait. I really love my H501w, but honestly it's just not always bright enough especially when I'm in a campsite where there's a lot of ambient light. I'm hoping the brighter H502 will make up for the H501's shortcomings.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet it'll be worth the wait. I really love my H501w, but honestly it's just not always bright enough especially when I'm in a campsite where there's a lot of ambient light. I'm hoping the brighter H502 will make up for the H501's shortcomings.
What battery are you running in the H501w? Are you aware it will run brighter on Eneloop? I only came to that realization two months back after having owned it for almost a year and using 14500. But I do agree a brighter high would be even more beneficial for times when you need a little extra lumens.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using an eneloop in it. Luckily I saw some of the reports that the light actually runs better on eneloops (strange huh.) Anyway, sure love this light & looking forward to the brighter version.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will there be a H502Fc version?
Need one for night hiking 90% usage.

I think you mean H502c. The "F" would indicate that the light has a reflector and the lense is frosted turning it into a flood light. The H502 has no reflector & therefore does not need to have a frosted lense. It is already pure flood like the H501.

There's nothing on zebralight's website that indicates whether or not they are planing on making a "C" version (high cri) of the light. If you click on the red button on their home page that says "Compare All Models" they list upcoming lights in the "near" future. So, they may be planning one; just not on the radar yet. Also, I don't think they ever made a "c" version of the H501....for whatever that's worth.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, there are no High CRI XR-E or XM-L (non-easywhite 4 die led versions) available that I know of, so the H501 and H502 will not have a 'c' version anytime soon.

dwong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Currently using a NT 120P for hikes, all my friends using BD Storm which is also great for camping.
Can't wait for my first HL.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If master hiker Woods Walker wants one, it's gotta be some special light.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, there are no High CRI XR-E or XM-L (non-easywhite 4 die led versions) available that I know of, so the H501 and H502 will not have a 'c' version anytime soon.

Personally, I hope that you're wrong, but in general, I agree.

I lost my H51w and am very interested in a 502w, and would love to see a 501c (I'd be happy with the Rebel that's in the 51c's).