Zebralight H602w vs H603w - H600Fw vs H600 Fc

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
the beam of the H600Fw Mk3 is very impressive

Yes, New XHP lights are really bright (but are slightly colder MKII series)
I'm undecided on the next purchase, I'd like a new H600w or H600Fw with XHP led but my H600Fw (XM-L2 with the new frosted lens) that I bought recently is so bright that for the moment I see no reason to replace it

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Always great comparison gif and reviews coming from Stefano. Good job!

Gogonfable

Newly Enlightened
Stefano, can you talk about the tint of the h603w compared to the tint of the h600Fc, both the tint indoor and outdoor ?

mobi

Newly Enlightened
Watching between middle and end page, there are four pictures of a vase of colorful flowers
There is a comparison between Zebralight H600F, H600Fw, H600Fc, H600Fd
I think this is a perfect tint/colors comparison

Nice. Thank you for the link. The photographer did a good job in bringing out the subtle differences among the lights.

If I may say, the different tints have an emotional component as well. Perhaps that is because they trigger feelings connected with different parts of the day that we experience as the sunlight tint shifts from early morning till late evening. The cool colors can also evoke a moonlight mood. I think that is why I feel energized when I combine the "c" and "d" lights: it can feel like noon, the "strength" of the day.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
@TCY Thanks !

I did an runtime test with Zebralight H603w

I used a Panasonic NCR18650B full charged with Xtar VP2 and I started the test with the H2 level programmed to 312 lumens.
According to the manufacturer's specifications with this brightness level there are 4.3 hours of battery life
(it has always remained at 312 lm and has not been touched until at the step down)

The test started at 00:10 AM
At 4:53 AM the H603w down to the level M1 (61 lm)
The results exceeded the specifications with 25 minutes more

After the descent to the level M1 is no longer possible to return to any level H

If my calculations are correct 283 minutes corresponds to 4.7 hours
The light is still on at M1 level, but I do not know if I have the patience to see another step down to the low level ;-)

Edit:
At approximately 5:30 AM the H603w has stepped down to the level L1
I stopped the test at 5:50 (with H603w still working on L1)
It, however, at my request seems to work even on M1 and M2 (even if only for a few seconds or a minute at most)
I inserted the battery into XTAR VP2: it measures 2,78 Volt

Last edited:

mobi

Newly Enlightened
@TCY Thanks !

I did an runtime test with Zebralight H603w

I inserted the battery into XTAR VP2: it measures 2,78 Volt

Thank you Stefano for conducting the runtime test.

Be interesting to find out what the voltage reading was at the moment it stepped down. I am motivated to try some runtime tests here.

Last edited:

Gogonfable

Newly Enlightened
I tried to insert a protected panasonic 18650, it failed for the mk3 h600fd but it is OK for the mk3 h600fw. Very odd...

mico

Newly Enlightened
I have both the H600Fc mk3 and the H603c. Whilst I prefer (especially indoors) the tint of the 'c' to anything cooler that I have, I find that in the woods there is something flat about the view that seems less obvious with a cooler beam, even a 'w'. Looking up into a tree canopy whilst I can see many different details it seems, for example, that the branches are not so 3d. With a cooler beam they look more pronounced.

It could be that the cooler lights are running with slightly higher lumens, or that the... Ah, I think what I'm saying is that the 'c' appears to be lower contrast (whilst with higher saturation).

Anyone else experience anything comparable?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the H600Fc mk3 and the H603c. Whilst I prefer (especially indoors) the tint of the 'c' to anything cooler that I have, I find that in the woods there is something flat about the view that seems less obvious with a cooler beam, even a 'w'. Looking up into a tree canopy whilst I can see many different details it seems, for example, that the branches are not so 3d. With a cooler beam they look more pronounced.

It could be that the cooler lights are running with slightly higher lumens, or that the... Ah, I think what I'm saying is that the 'c' appears to be lower contrast (whilst with higher saturation).

Read somewhere that the blue portion of the spectrum gives depth perception. The C could be a bit low in blue. A member here has done spectrum measurements for both those lights. Should come up with a search.

mico

Newly Enlightened
Read somewhere that the blue portion of the spectrum gives depth perception. The C could be a bit low in blue. A member here has done spectrum measurements for both those lights. Should come up with a search.
Hey thanks, that's really helpful. (And maybe the woods are pretty low in blue to begin with...)

roger-roger

Enlightened

Would be nice to see comments on this based on the Fc and Fd, to remove some of the variables.

Collins

Newly Enlightened
Can you double check all of your pics and listings to make sure they are listed correctly? The spec sheet says the H600Fw has a Cree XHP35.

zemmo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what's the difference between the H600w Mk III and the H603w? They seem to be the same light, as far as I can tell. TIA

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what's the difference between the H600w Mk III and the H603w? They seem to be the same light, as far as I can tell. TIA

600 series use reflector, giving traditional beam profile (hotspot + spill)
603 series does not use reflector, giving a uniform wide beam.

zemmo

Newly Enlightened
many thanks, just what I wanted to know, as I like the hotspot.

Collins

Newly Enlightened
Out of the different floody versions Zebralight has, which one has the smoothest hotspot? i.e. more like pure flood with hotter center vs. the spot/spill type of look.

Seems like Zebralight has 3 or so different floody versions out right now with the new releases that came out.

Also with floody, since the Zebralight sits offcenter on your forehead, is the hotspot being off center noticeable when in doors doing things up close, or not noticeable at all? Currently use a cheapo spot/spill headlamp, and moved it off center, and the hotspot being off center was pretty annoying.

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
I have a question, concerning the drivers. I am wondering why the H600Fd/c III have the same runtimes as the II versions of lets say the H600/w (30h on M1, 5.5 months on 0,01 Lm etc) But the Input voltage is supposed to be 2,7-6V instead of 2,7-4,35Volts. Is it a typo or does that mean the XM-L easy white LED also needs a 6V boost driver but does not have the same economics as the new III series that feature the XHP35 LEDs?