Zebralight is going to come out with flashlights! part 2

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone turning the SC50 on accidentally in the pocket? Still trying to decide to buy one or not and if the switch is a problem in the pocket I'm not interested but if it is generally not a problem I'm in.

I work big box retail and have to move a lot of product everyday. I had the SC50 in my front pants pocket along with my wallet for three days straight without accidental turn on. Paranoia had me checking more than a dozen times. The switch is pretty recessed imo, and it takes a good click to get it on. Quality module.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well sometimes a little extra effort is needed for things to work the way you want them to....at least until our flashlights have voice command that responds to: "Unlock or Turn-On"
I just tried a little test: unscrew the tailcap like a 1/16th or less and it locks it out from accidental activation. Using just one hand, I can EASILY twist it back that 1/16th or less of a turn to make contact again...:whistle:...far from a pain in the a$$. I can also unscrew it thus locking it out one handed VERY EASILY too! A little practice and it becomes second nature when using the SC30W.

I was wondering if this would be possible. I, like you, do not have many troubles twisting with 1 hand, I can twist head twisties by the tail and tail twisties by the head, so I'm sure this wont be too much of a problem for me, but it may be for others.

I'm just holding out for the flood models (and actual money to spend).

sithjedi333

Enlightened
can the h31 and h51 be placed into the headband with the metal pocket clip on? anyone with a pic of how it works?

thanks.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
can the h31 and h51 be placed into the headband with the metal pocket clip on? anyone with a pic of how it works?

thanks.

Good question! But why in the world would anyone want to use that bulky silicon light holder anyway? A simple mod of adding an elastic band to the headband allow the light with the clip to be worn on the headband. I have been using my H501 this way for over a year now.

Last edited:

cistallus

Enlightened
can the h31 and h51 be placed into the headband with the metal pocket clip on? anyone with a pic of how it works? thanks.
Good question! But why in the world would anyone want to use that bulky silicon light holder anyway? A simple mod of adding an elastic band to the headband allow the light with the clip to worn on the headband. I have been using my H501 this way for over a year now.

Sounds good - details/pics please!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good - details/pics please!

Sure, why not.

Just sew some elastic band around the headband like this. It holds the light and clip in place.
IMG_4797.jpg

The advantage the elastic band has over the silicon holder is that the smaller, flat size that allows the whole headband to fit inside a small space such as a shirt pocket.
After all, what's the point of having this great all-in-one light if you can't take with you everywhere you go?
IMG_4397.jpg

Last edited:

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs SC30, SC50, H30, H501. Exellent lights, I just use the clips that come with h30 and h501, clip them to my shirt at chest level when using and back on the belt or waistband of my tracky dacks when I edc. Works great for me. The clips on sc30 and sc50 are also great for the same belt carry. LOVE the beams on all of them for there versatility:huh:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're after the slimmest light available in AA it will be the EZAA which I carry next to my wallet in my back pocket, but the MiNi will definitely beat it for your close up work. My two favorite AA lights are the EZAAw and MiNi AA! :)

Actually, I hate 3-mode twisty lights with a passion because of the many steps it takes to go from low to high. On the other hand, you can operate them with gloves on easily and they don't have to be locked out. The only reason I might consider the Mini AA is because it is small and slender which fit my EDC style.

ky70

Banned
Is anyone turning the SC50 on accidentally in the pocket? Still trying to decide to buy one or not and if the switch is a problem in the pocket I'm not interested but if it is generally not a problem I'm in.

I'm only 5 days into owning this light but not 1 accidental turnon and I pocket carry daily. I played 18 holes of golf today with the SC50 pocket clipped and im pleased to report no:( hot pocket incidents.

hazna

Enlightened
I'm only 5 days into owning this light but not 1 accidental turnon and I pocket carry daily. I played 18 holes of golf today with the SC50 pocket clipped and im pleased to report no:( hot pocket incidents.

Yes, I agree... I don't think it'll turn on by itself easily. Nice to see they resolved some of the minor issues they had with the sc30

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Actually, I hate 3-mode twisty lights with a passion because of the many steps it takes to go from low to high. On the other hand, you can operate them with gloves on easily and they don't have to be locked out. The only reason I might consider the Mini AA is because it is small and slender which fit my EDC style.
Everything you've said in this post suggests to me that you probably want the EZAA. You go from off>low>high in a single twist and it's the slimmest AAA available.

I just tried 3 MiNi AA's in comparison with my EZAAw and had no problem with the EZ, but the MiNi's were really difficult for me. I've read of others having no such problem and I suppose the EZAA would be easier yet for them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got my SC50 today wonderful UI but I have an issue with AW 14500, they will not work. I have tried Ultrafire 14500 and they work fine but my AW's will not work in this light but obviously do in other lights.

There charged and I have tried them right off the charger and also partially drained. Anybody else have issues with SC50 and AW?

Flashlike

Enlightened
Well I got my SC50 today wonderful UI but I have an issue with AW 14500, they will not work. I have tried Ultrafire 14500 and they work fine but my AW's will not work in this light but obviously do in other lights.

There charged and I have tried them right off the charger and also partially drained. Anybody else have issues with SC50 and AW?

Just tried an AW 14500 cell in my SC50 and it seems to work properly in all of the modes.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried my SC50w with me for a couple of days clipped in my jeans front pocket. In and out of the car several times, blew leaves ... mowed 5 acres ... on and off the tractor several times ... picked up sticks ... serviced the tractor when done ... squatting many times ... drove back home, no accidental turn-ons. :thumbsup:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flat top or button top cells ?

Might matter .

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait for the H51. This might be the only on-person EDC light I need. Why?

1. It will be almost as small as the H501. I could care less about tactical this, rambo that lights that put out 500 lumens but can't be carried discreetly on my person.

2. Just like the H501, it's an angled headlamp but with a reflector for some throw. Those of us who have the H501 know how useful and practical it is. I will grab my H501 before batting an eye at any tactical this, rambo that light in an emergency/blackout situation.

3. It comes with a host of improvements over the H501 such as an improved UI, a boost circuit to take advantage of 14500 batteries, and of course a reflector.

4. With a reflector, it will probably have as much throw as the SC50, which makes it a good flashlight as well as a headlamp.

Once again, I hope Zebralight will use the XP-G emitter for the upcoming headlamps/flashlight. This emitter makes sense because:

1. The XP-G is more efficient, which means more brightness and/or longer run time. The XP-G emitter has a big hot spot which is great for close-up use as a headlamp.

Now there are some people who will say that you lose throw with the XP-G emitter. No, you won't. Not in a light this size. The reflector in small lights is so small that no great throw can be achieved anyway. So using the XP-G emitter is not going to hurt the throw that much if at all.

Last edited: