Zebralight questions

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not bought a Zebralight yet, but I am interested in them because they enjoy a rock solid loyal customer base. I have kept up with reading customer feedback. Things that I have heard: electronics are potted for maximum reliability, and construction is solid for best heat manageament, and also Zebralight drivers are the most efficient.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Being a fairly new ZL owner, I'm somewhat surprised with those making the ZL product sound like it's not a tough or reliable as other products.

I guess I don't understand that reasoning. From what I've read, it's pretty much a single tube, with fully potted electronics.

How can it not be reliable?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight is darn reliable, but still not recommend for attaching to a weapon and submitting it to the shock of discharge and recoil over and over and over. And don't use it as a hammer, either. It survives dropping, and at least in one case, sliding against asphalt when one CPF member laid his bike down (at least for a good while before it finally stopped working).

LRJ88

Enlightened
Being a fairly new ZL owner, I'm somewhat surprised with those making the ZL product sound like it's not a tough or reliable as other products.

I guess I don't understand that reasoning. From what I've read, it's pretty much a single tube, with fully potted electronics.

How can it not be reliable?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Out of the two ZL i have my SC52F didn't survive a fall from my pocket as i was standing up, >1 meter onto concrete, whereas the SC5c II had major parasitic drain issues from the start. The first was completely my fault and the only applicable one here, but i was hoping with the reputation that it'd be able to take that on the nose and just keep on kicking, which wasn't the case here. I don't know why exactly it failed, a solder joint knocked loose or even the button getting detached inside the flashlight itself, but it was dead. ZL has had a good rep for years with some people not being satisfied, but the last 2 years or so i've seen more and more cases pop up regarding failures that really shouldn't happen, so maybe ZL has changed something in their production.