Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Zebralight SC52

I notice that the beam profile they cite for the SC52--80 degree flood, 12 degree spot--is the same as the profile for the H600.

I wonder if they are using the same reflector?

Good news if it is--I really like the beam on my H600, and having the same beam fed from AA's would be a very nice kit.

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened

Just peordered at 1148 EST. OH YAH. Can't wait. Been waiting along time for a zebra that won't come on in my pocket. :twothumbs

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just peordered at 1148 EST. OH YAH. Can't wait. Been waiting along time for a zebra that won't come on in my pocket. :twothumbs

Wait, your post showed up here on the site at 7:45 AM Pacific time. You say you ordered 11:48 Eastern time and you say it as if it had happened in the past when 11:48 Eastern Time is 8:48 Pacific time. Are you manipulating the space time continuum to get your Zebralight quicker?

I already pre-ordered mine this morning as well otherwise I would ask you to send some of your wizardry my way :)

Lime

Newly Enlightened

"Pre-order. Shipping starts on Oct 20, 2012" <- gotta be a typo, how could they start shipping 5 days before the release?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Pre-order. Shipping starts on Oct 20, 2012" <- gotta be a typo, how could they start shipping them 5 days before the release

Yeah I think that's a typo. The poster someone linked in one of the more recent posts several days ago showed preorders starting October 25 with an expected ship date of November 15.

I'm inclined to believe it's accurate too as preorders DID actually start today on the 25th.

Lime

Newly Enlightened

If the ship date is 15 Nov it's 21 days from now = 3 weeks + ~2 weeks delivery time for European/international buyers like me
=> 5 weeks of waiting.. :sigh:

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the ship date is 15 Nov it's 21 days from now = 3 weeks + ~2 weeks delivery time for European/international buyers like me
=> 5 weeks of waiting.. :sigh:

Yes there is that. You'll get your SC52 just about the same time that pre-orders open for the SC52w I think.

orsoorso

Newly Enlightened

lunmens, more lumens, why not to think to such a simlpe improovement like A PLACE TO PUT A LANYARD?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes there is that. You'll get your SC52 just about the same time that pre-orders open for the SC52w I think.

yeah, I *hope* the SC52w will be out by then. I'm holding out for it. But I have my doubts.

After all, if ZL could source good neutral XML's, I can't see why they would put them in the SC52 any sooner than the H502w.

Which I'm also still waiting for....

sigh....please, ZL, get some neutral emitters! I'm sitting on almost $150.00 here, that has your name on it: one H502w, and one SC52w.

And as much as I like the dollar bills, I'd rather have your lights! So hurry up and arrange a trade!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

think to such a simlpe improovement like A PLACE TO PUT A LANYARD?

how do you like the lanyard attachment of the SC600 (latest version)?
there you have your answer :p

chouster

Newly Enlightened

With 500 ANSI lumen out of their own new 14500, I think Zebralight is really pushing the Sanyo cell inside their 14500 to its limits. You get about 590 LED-lumen at 1,5 A LED-current with an U2 flux bin, so am I right - assuming the cell inside the Zebralight 14500 is a UR14500P - that the current draw from this cell is a bit high? Don't want so say too high because I'm not sure and I'm just speculating, but could someone with a better understanding of this topic please comment on that?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-data/pdf2/ACA4000/ACA4000CE278.pdf
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Here you find a discharge curve for 1,6A but no max discharge current rating. I mean some of the 18650 cells are rated 5A and more but there must be a reason why none of the bigger flashlight manufacturers design a light that draws much more than 3A (except the Spark SL6)...

Diablo_331

Enlightened
lunmens, more lumens, why not to think to such a simlpe improovement like A PLACE TO PUT A LANYARD?

I've had a Tec suspension clip connected to the clip of my Sc51c from day one with no issues. It just hangs a little crooked but the inside of my pockets aren't straight up and down so it fits perfectly. Better, IMHO, than if it hung straight up and down. If you want a place for a lanyard without the clip then bend a paper clip and secure it with the clip screws and call it done.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS! I just found out! I predicted this! It's almost like I invented it right after I took my H502d out of the box!
How could this thread evade my prying eyes???? Perhaps the universe wanted to spare my nerves with 3 orders pending delivery...

Paypal locked and loaded for the warm version and an itchy, twichy finger on the button. Bring it OOoon!!! :cool:

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened

Pre ordered earlier today. Likely the hottest light for 2013. The 6330 will be a success, no doubt, but the sc52 may well out sell any quality in the coming year.

I've never had a light with such a low low option. .1 lumen is too bright for a night locator light, so .01 lumen should be perfect.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened

I have rechargeable 16340's, rcr123's, and 18650's. The sc52 will have me looking at enelopes and 14500's. For a 14500, is the ZL584 a good option compared to ultrafire and tenergy? My main question with the aa rechargeables is the truth in Mah claims from various manufacturers.

chouster

Newly Enlightened

I have rechargeable 16340's, rcr123's, and 18650's. The sc52 will have me looking at enelopes and 14500's. For a 14500, is the ZL584 a good option compared to ultrafire and tenergy? My main question with the aa rechargeables is the truth in Mah claims from various manufacturers.

The Zebralight 14500's are brandnew so I doubt that someone tested them yet. But compared to Ultrafire everything is a good option... The Fact that the ZL584 has a Sanyo cell inside makes me think that it is a good cell. I guess that for the 500 lumen on 14500 the current is quite high for an 14500 I maybe would consider the AW 14500 IMR, but that's an unprotected one, of course.

Last edited:

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened

Wait, your post showed up here on the site at 7:45 AM Pacific time. You say you ordered 11:48 Eastern time and you say it as if it had happened in the past when 11:48 Eastern Time is 8:48 Pacific time. Are you manipulating the space time continuum to get your Zebralight quicker?

I already pre-ordered mine this morning as well otherwise I would ask you to send some of your wizardry my way :)

Quantum Physics! I already have the light just don't know it yet. Time has to catch up to my excitement. LOL:grin2:

Latest posts