Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried Nitecore or Olight 14500 batteries in the sc52? Do they fit?

Desdinova

Newly Enlightened
OK, I just ordered a sc52w thanks to all the praise and a 10% off coupon code. My second Zebralight (sc62 was my first, last month. I'm a recent ZL convert.)

Desdinova

Newly Enlightened
I also have had good luck with the "flame" Trustfires 14500. I use them in my SC52w and Quark Tactical QTA. No problems at all and performance, at least so far.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How well have your SC52's been holding up so far?

Did anyone drop the light several times on hard ground or what kind of damage or failure did you guys experience? I am thinking of retiring my SC52w since i got the Nitcore PD-series light with that awesome flicker-free electronic momentary switch, the piston drive.

ghuns

Newly Enlightened

Did anyone drop the light several times on hard ground or what kind of damage or failure did you guys experience? I am thinking of retiring my SC52w since i got the Nitcore PD-series light with that awesome flicker-free electronic momentary switch, the piston drive.

Mine has hit concrete more times than I can count. Never hurt it.

bbb74

Enlightened

I had a H51r that flew off my bike a couple of times, once at 50kmh and it hit bitumen and it survived. Then a year later I dropped it 60cm to a concrete floor and it must have fallen the wrong way because now some of the modes don't work, including strobe which was the most important for me.

My brother has killed a couple of H51's/H502's just using it for work with normal wear and tear. So I'm not sure how tough they really are, particularly all the AA ones with no head spring.

RIX TUX

Enlightened

SEND it to me, I will do it

Last edited:

drew78

Newly Enlightened
My sc52 has been dropped, submurged, and beat on. Living is life in my pockets everyday for over the past year. No issues, breakage, or failures. Add fresh battery and keep on plugging away

xzel87

Enlightened
I just ordered the sc52wl2, first ZL. Didn't like the looks & size of the newer SC5 and runtimes are pretty much equal.

Although it was a bit slow (really slow) I eventually got on the ZL wagon too....:D

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Zebralight SC52

I like my SC52w, especially the tint which is quite nice. Unfortunately it didn't get much carry time and has been sitting on the shelf for the last 6 months. Everyday it is always the HDS HCRI rotary on me and an Eagletac DX30LC2 warm for throw. I wanted to carry the SC52w but just couldn't do it. Should I just sell it off?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Zebralight SC52

SC52d for me, unless they decide to release an SC5d, and I might change my mind.

They did, but its with a frosted lens, so SC5Fd instead of SC5d OP. I'd prefer it with clear lens and orange peel reflector, too. Actually, I'd rather have an SC5c OP, or a TC5c OP (tail clicky).